Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
smile Only in America can the argument be made that adding drugs for public use is a good idea. Not only a good idea, but that it is stupid to think that clear thinking is less desirable.

One thing is for sure.......well, almost for sure....... we'll have the data to use for comparison in reasonably short order.

and Todd....cigarettes don't fk up your thinker, and the argument wasn't about users killing themselves......a point no one cares about......collateral damage is the issue at hand.

Sg you argue the issue like an old friend is being threatened. Doper?

Only on the Dark Side can I find someone who insists on being as dumb as Slab. Your box of rocks isn't missing you. If you'd been paying attention, which appears to be above your skill grade, no one suggested that ". . . adding drugs for public use is a good idea." That is crap you're making up apparently due to your lack of comprehension.

The drugs are already here and available to that segment of the public that wants them. What we are discussing is the legal status of the drugs. Declaring the drugs legal or illegal has only a little bearing on their availability, none on how good they are for people, and next to none on people's decision to use or not use. I guess this is hard for you to understand, so please read it two or three times.

And we are not saying that ". . . it is stupid to think that clear thinking is less desirable." Just the opposite in fact. Clear thinking, thinking logically and analytically, is how some of us learned that doing what we've been doing - the War on Drugs - over and over for decades and expecting a different result (definition of insanity, remember) is from a lack of clear thinking. I didn't realize until now that simple concepts of logic are beyond your grasp. I'm sorry for you.

Indeed, we will have data within a few years, and it may be possible to make some useful comparisons, but automatically assuming that is true is another of your examples of your unclear thinking.

And no, I'm not a doper. I'm a concerned American who absolutely hates ignorance, and am doing my best to stamp it out. You are making that very difficult, however. And I hate it even more when I have to help pay for that ignorance through my taxes.

Sg