I saw it. Beginning of the end for the Horns today. With the starting QB concussed and two starters from the OL suspended, this matchup looked bad from the get-go. Texas D kept it close in the first half, but BYU blew it wide open in the 3rd with 28 unanswered points. A lot of Texas alums will start calling for Strong's head after this one, but I'm inclined to give BYU credit. That is a GOOD team. Haven't looked at their schedule, but I'm confident, as long as Taysom Hill stays healthy, they won't lose many the rest of the way.

The Longhorns, on the other hand, may lose a few more than I projected. The offense looks absolutely pathetic, and I don't think David Ash makes them too much better. The defense will hold most teams close, but the inept offense will keep them on the field WAY too much, and good teams will wear them down, much like BYU did today.

I still say Strong's approach will reap rewards (if given enough time), but after the past few sub-par seasons, recruiting will be tough for at least a couple years. I think it will be a minimum of 4 years before they're competing at the top level again. If the boosters get impatient, it could be a lot longer.

Now I need a bandwagon to jump on... Any ideas? Don't have much faith in the Coogs or the Huskies....