Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
If the aggregate method mentioned earlier in this thread is a viable method of management, AND it would have retained our opportunity, then the closure can be viewed as artificial and bureaucratic. I realize a government agency can't be expected to change its management system mid-=season, but the reality of the current model is that it is based on 1970s coded wire tag data. The modeling system is fundamentally broken, which means this could have been avoided if WDFW had updated their methodology sooner. Yet another dropped ball.

Your suggestion about an aggregate method was addressed by me earlier in this thread. Had that type of management tool been in place this year and had MA 7 been allowed to continue at a 2 fish limit I would speculate that all other areas of Puget Sound would have been closed early.

How would you rationalize such a reallocation of opportunity? I can tell you that the South Sound anglers already perceive that they are taking the short end of the stick on several fronts.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)