Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
Originally Posted By: Larry B

How would you rationalize such a reallocation of opportunity? I can tell you that the South Sound anglers already perceive that they are taking the short end of the stick on several fronts.

How's that? Peninsula rivers, the coast, the Columbia and tribs are within reach for day trips for south sounders. Not to mention the sound itself. Arguably it's one of the better positions to be in the state for year-round fishing opportunity.

As it stands right now, our "day trip" opportunity (from the san juans region) is Everett. 60+ miles to fish areas 8.2 or 9. frown

First, this was discussing blackmouth impact allocation rather than a general discussion of fishing opportunities. Let's stick with that issue and the idea that allocation could/should be shifted to areas where the fishing is best so that they can prolong their (outstanding) fishing. Unfortunately, that extension would likely cause the early closer of all blackmouth fishing within Puget Sound. So your rationalization is that we have other opportunities like the rivers? The only river which may have a boat opportunity for displaced saltwater boat anglers is the Columbia. Gee whiz Batman, that's something like 130 miles south. And you've complaining about 60 miles to Everett?

Have you considered a Canadian license? Closer for you to go to Canada than for us to go to the Big C for springers (which aren't in yet), eh. Rivers, salt, bigger limits and longer seasons on spot prawns, crab, should provide great opportunity closer to home. Glad I could help.

In case you haven't figured it out yet I seem to have lost any sympathy......

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)