Quote:
Frankly - he sounded like an idiot without a clue. He didn't put together a single articulate line of thought in that entire interview. Completely unqualified to negotiate on our behalf in my opinion. New or not, how can he go into a major negotiation and not know his numbers or be ready with a plan "B"? I'd be fired if I tried to explain the negative results of my negotiations to my boss as lamely as he did.

I had to listen to the show to hear what you folks did. Well not having a huge knowledge of PS I listened to what he was saying and not what I wanted to hear. His description of both tribal & WDF&W staff talking past each other is right on. The process critique also was pretty much on the mark also. So I always try to look through the others eyes and if I was him Holy sh-- comes to mind. Being a newbie he went forward with staff leading the way and had a vertical learning curve. What he was part of is a typical WDF&W thought process of you tribes we WDF&W and all hell broke loose.

I think the only upside is the recognition that with the projected ocean conditions numbers will only get worse. So next year it will be even more difficult but at least he has seen the WDF&W way in the recent past under Anderson at work. I doubt if he will go there again.