Wit45cal: Up yours, "civilian" (if your head isn't still in the way)! You've got colossal nerve jumping on two VN vets about patriotism. Are you some kind of sheep who would march into something you knew was wrong?? And never question your government?
Native Son and I went over, remember? And killed some commies (and God knows who else, since the enemy didn't wear uniforms). That make you happy? I then put another 15 years in the service before "retiring," still ready to fight for your freedoms if a legitimate conflict had arisen during those volatile "cold war" years. In fact, I'm still ready now, since military retirement means a "standby" status. My uniforms are still in the closet (with my guns), in case I again have to defend your freedom to twist the truth!
You like American history? Why don't you bone up on the Vietnam era, and try to understand how that "war" was nothing like the others we've fought, and why it tore this country apart. Or visit a psych ward at a VA hospital and ask those poor VN vets what they think of their sacrifices, and whether they'd do it again.
And then tell us about your combat record. Surely you've been in uniform too, right?? If not, then stick to a subject you know about!
Sincerely, "7.62mm"