Great take Dan S.! You too Obsessed. You guys wrote the real truth. - One thing with me though is I am strongly anti-netting; either by commercials or Indians (but not necessarily anti-treaty otherwise). - wit45, while I admire some of the things you have done for our country and some of the things you stand for I must take strong exception to many of the things you claim as Facts in your above post. First and foremost, the fairest system of taxation can NEVER be a flat tax until we have a fair system of distribution of compensation and wealth, based on actual contribution value to society! There is no such thing as actual "fair" market value systems for compensation because they are much too strongly based on unfair power position advantage. There is THE Fact! Secondly, Slade Gorton will NOT have more power to make postive changes regarding fish because he is complexly hogtied by his wealthy constituents! He has already PROVEN this, so pull your head out of the sand on that one. Third, I think it's quite self-serving for you to make claims giving conservatives credit for some state's improved economic recovery without mentioning the bigger picture. And that is under the previous 3 Republican Presidential terms in office the overall economy of this country went into the toilet when voters were hoodwinked into buying the "less and no new taxes" false promises and the BS "trickle down effect" pitch of helping the rich get richer; which in reality broadened the gap between the "haves & have nots" more than ever before! The current 2 Demo terms in Presidetial office has turned that around into one of the strongest economies this country has ever seen, while at the same time bringing down the crippling immense federal deficit created by the previous Repubican regimes. Undeniable Facts! Here is another fact. During this election year the Republicans will do 2 things above all else: attempt to falsely claim credit for the above mentioned economic turnaround, and make more false promises of large tax cuts trying to buy votes from the "unaware". Here is a prediction: just like the last 2 Presidential elections, I think the "unaware" have had the wool scraped off of their eyes and will keep the Demos in the Whitehouse. And if the majority of Republican senators can ever be pressured into fair campaign finance reform to eliminate the big advantage for the wealthy in all elections we wouldn't even have to debate the Facts. Or ...... maybe I'm just all wrong. I'm sure you're going to let me know. - RT

[This message has been edited by Reel Truth (edited 08-02-2000).]