FF2 - I might agree with your last statement, if that's what BW was trying to do. But BW has said no such thing. He/she did not say that the proposed effort is to encourage the Tribes or the commercial folks to forsake their nets in favor of more selective gear. The effort seems to focus on eliminating nets without a corresponding alternative that would allow Tribal/commercial harvest to continue (presumably with less non-target mortality). So the effort seems to focus on getting rid of nets, and presumably eliminate Tribal and commercial harvest.

If BW would like the Tribes and the commercial folks to use more selective gear, what would he/she suggest? Fish wheels? Rod and reel? Spears? No such alternatives have been identified, suggested, or proposed.

Maybe I have it wrong, but what else can we conclude, other than the elimination of salmon harvest by two user groups? If that's the case, I'm sure you can see where that leads. If recreational anglers can advocate for the elimination of two important user groups, those same user groups can advocate for the elimination of sport fishing. So that sword cuts both ways......