I think most folks looking out over the west horizon to see the seemingly tame surf were surprised to find out just how high up the beach that 16 ft swell would take those "little" waves. Saw one adult and 2 kiddos taken down by a good surge... and many folks went over their boots before they could scurry up the beach in time. Lotsa diggers had to abandon half-dug holes to escape the fury of the water.... only to have their exposed clam washed up the beach to get plucked off by the ever-present seagulls. It was a challenging dig, and not the best to take kiddos without dedicated (non-digging) adult supervision.

Where the last dig on my favorite patch of sand revealed obvious shows everywhere with no coaxing whatsoever (yielding easy 10 minute limits), last night it was a "no show" zone without a good pounding stick. It took an hour and a half plus to get the dirty deed done. Glad Mr/Mrs fop were there to help us pound our way to limits (2 pounders, 4 diggers). Mrs fop helped to top off my limit before we ran out of light!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!