"Once Summer Chinook pass through mixed stock marine areas, we believe season designs should further maximize angler access to harvestable fish using remaining allowable impacts. Again, using angler/days as the criteria, we’d first open the most popular terminal and freshwater fisheries. This simple angler/days criteria should allow seasons to be designed which cover a broad array of popular marine and freshwater Summer fisheries."

Thanks for posting this.

Would the above, while extending the season possibly take away opportunity from traditional summer chinook fishing areas?
While everyone likes more opportunity, I think the experience counts as well.
If fishing from a boat, I'd much rather be fishing PNP, Mid Channel etc then be confined to say inner Elliott Bay with a bunch of other boats. Seattle has I nice skyline, bit I'd rather be looking at Whidbey or Kitsap and Jefferson Co shoreline while fishing.
In other words, I'd imagine there would still be a quota. If that quota filled (catch / encounters) in the terminal areas, could that possibly eliminate opportunity in mix stock marine areas?

The winter season is still popular with many folks. While I understand the summer chinook fishing is more popular, winter fishing opportunities shouldn't be penalized because of fair weather anglers.
SF

Edited by stonefish (03/31/17 04:08 PM)