So I watched it again and you know if CC when he worked for the agency had let his boss go into a hearing as unprepared as the Director was hell to pay comes to mind. For whatever reason the Director was running with a presentation that had been prepared for him that was just a standard WDF&W roll out. Standard agency slant that has worked in the past but the thing is the little dust up with the senate is two years old. Remember the we used up reserves bit?

So round two but I do not know enough to fine tune a argument pro or con around it. For the senate bit the agency always operates in a emergency mode moving from issue to issue. Thing is government is system oriented. By that I mean go clear through a process ( NOF as a example ) terrible results, crap flying but in the end if the process worked fine regardless of the outcome. Private sector is results orientated and whatever your process if the end result was a product incomplete or non marketable your history in a NY minute.

Two different standards & two different outcomes which still work as long as you can afford it. That is the rub as WDF&W cannot function as it has in the past going forward and they have zero and I mean zero idea of how to be results orientated.