The key word in my statement is that they are doing what they THINK is best for the fish, and from the fishes perspective, certainly no fishing at all is best. After long conversations with the biologists, I really do believe they are trying to maintain a healthy population of fish. As for the past (and continued) catch and kill on wild fish around the state, well, I can only say that it's disappointing and in my mind, wrong. But the political pressure to maintain a kill policy is extremely powerful in this state. While a majority of us on this board may support a statewide catch and release, you might be surprised at the strength and number of very vocal kill supporters. In fact, a large number of callers to the WDFW are against any special C & R seasons. I think that until the sportfishing community can stand as a more unified group on this issue, we may be forced into no fishing at all in some cases. Perhaps this latest closure can, as mentioned above get some more momentum behind a statewide C & R policy. Yes, I'm mad about what's going on, and what has happened in the past, but what I want to do is figure out how we can improve things for the future. Why some people would rather kill wild steelhead or not fish at all is beyond me, and with the population increase, development and stream habitat degradation going on around here, we have to get together on the concept of C & R. In the mean time, I'm staying away from tall buildings and have hidden all the sharp objects around the house. Somehow, casting my two-hander at bedding bluegills just doesn't get me excited for spring. I know people out there are upset, and probably none more than me, but hopefully we can at least try to make lemonade out of these very sour lemons we've been given. Peace.