THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115275 - 06/14/01 02:36 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Fishhead Vic Offline
Fry

Loc: Milwaukie,Oregon,USA
OK, I'm not going to put up with this any longer. I was at the Floatilla 2 and was un-impressed by the fisherpersons from up Interstate 5. Zero for Wash. and 6 for us Oreeegone dudes. So if you washeetonians can count ? that says it all for any challenges in the future. Can we also have a tally of the records from our 4 schools and see what comes out in the laundry. Now lets see, University of Oregon 11-1, Oregon State 11-1 VS University of Wash. 11-1 , Washington State 3-8?, 4-7? Oh who really cares about those cougs anyway. So you guys do the math if your up to it (no calculaters). Goes to show who's the better state ( can you say OREEEEGONE? ) I think you can. laugh rolleyes laugh rolleyes laugh QUACK, QUACK, QUACK

#115276 - 06/14/01 10:40 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
Was the rivers open when our guys were fishing down there? confused Was the upper Quinault open when you were fishing it. eek eek I was just wondering. laugh Did you read the regs? :p :p :p

#115277 - 06/14/01 11:27 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
OK my turn.... laugh
Reguarding the floatilla II,since you guys like to do math
only 2 Washington Boys didn't catch fish...how many Oregon boys didn't catch fish ..Uh????
(where was our back-up)

Good things about Oregon....
Booze served in Nudy Bars laugh
The Oregon Coast
No Sales Tax
Rose Bowl Championships......Opps wrong state ..sorry
D-Blazers ( I make money off then every year)

Good things about Washington....
Bigger Steelhead...
Bigger Salmon (ever heard of the ...Elwah???)
National Championships laugh
Rose Bowl Championships laugh
Seattle Mariners
We own the Columbia River
We even let Alabama Fishermen live here rolleyes
Wild Salmon Pale Ale (Oly micro brew)
Stew was born here ...but reared in Oregon
Rt only Visits here.

Bad things about Oregon....
State income Tax
D-Blazers
Ducks & Beavers
whimpy Fish and Fisherman
Trying to get a Date for Redneck in Lebanon with more than 1 tooth

More to folow................Os

NWO
Redneck Pro-Staff

#115278 - 06/14/01 12:09 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Vic,

Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day... laugh I guess I'm still delirious from the smell of Roses....oh, never mind, you Oryguners wouldn't understand.

And no fair bringin' the Cougs into this. That's a whole different state over there, so us westsiders can't be held responsible for WSU's shortcomings. You might want to look at the college renkings, though. WSU still outranks either one of those second-rate (or was it third-rate?) universities down there.

Oh, the WORST thing about Orygun? Having to have some pump-monkey fill your car! Aren't you boys grown up enough down there to pump your own gas? :p

Orygun.....where the men are men and the sheep are.....nervous.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#115279 - 06/14/01 01:07 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
Good one about the grease monkeys Dan laugh
What is that anyway, an overall lack of coordination amongst Oregonites?

And I don't take the 'seperate state over there' lightheartedly. I pay just as much to support the ferries for the 'fairy's' that can afford to live in the San Juan's. rolleyes My money built Safeco as much as yours did, too. :p

BTW- Its "Oregon, where the men are bad fisherman, and the sheep are all in RT's back yard" laugh

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Buzz Ramsey ]

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: backlash2 ]

#115280 - 06/14/01 01:23 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Don't worry backlash, I won't hold being an eastsider against you! laugh At least you can pump your own gas on the east side without having to call an attendant to "help" you.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#115281 - 06/14/01 01:56 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Yeah Dan, but it's easier for 'us'....We only have to pull the rag out of the hole instead of unscrewing the cap laugh

#115282 - 06/14/01 03:27 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
jberry Offline
Fry

Loc: Yakima Wa
Yeah and the gas is so much cheaper on the eastside that some of us here can afford to own not 1 but 2 Dodge trucks @ the same time!

I wanted a sweater for Christmas, I got a screamer and a moaner instead......

#115283 - 06/14/01 04:08 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Cheap Shot....Enough from the peanut gallery rolleyes

Boy, I guess they'll let ANYONE register here
wink

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: backlash2 ]

#115284 - 06/14/01 04:49 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Os says"We own the Columbia River"!?!?!?
Bullshiite! If Washington owned the Columbia river then there would be nets strung across at the bar.
Hey Os I noticed you didn't mention the Sonics and Seasucks in your list of good things about Washington. BTW I was born at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard hospital in Bremerton if you and Yall want to make a pilgramage there! I was reared in So.California and moved back here in 1973.
Hey RT someone has been peeking into your backyard and saw your harem laugh

#115285 - 06/14/01 04:55 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Oregon flatlander hehehehe only reason an oregoneon would be proud of that is that he doesn't have to run up hill to catch his sheep laugh laugh. Say all you want about the Dawgs but at least our players are smart enough to hold onto the ball all the way into the endzone instead of dropping it a few yards before. But hey maybe its because the Beavs didn't know were the endzone was before this year :p eek

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC boyz

#115286 - 06/14/01 05:32 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
All right. I don't usually participate in RT's vain attempts to dis Washington in favor of Oregon, but this one's too good to pass up.

Good Things about OR:

1. Wilamette R.-Where else can you catch the elusive Open-ended Tube Salmon? (aka, used condom. Thank God the fishermen in OR use condoms, at least some of the time. There's already a glut of them on the market. OR fishermen, that is).

2. It's within easy driving distance from good fishing spots, like the Wind, Kalama, Lewis, Cowlitz, Elochoman, Naselle, Toutle, etc.

3. You can buy fishing gear with no sales tax. Then, you can leave it in all the rivers listed in number 2. Since OR fishers are good at efficiently using fishing time, maybe they can save ten hours by driving across the Columbia, hitting the beach in Vancouver, and then throw their tacklebox in on the WA side and go home. It would accomplish the same as an OR fisherman's usual day in much less time.

4. You don't have to waste any time worrying about whether or not you'll have a chance at an ocean coho fishery.

5. No one minds if you don't use stop signs, turn lanes, speed limits, or if you don't know how to parallel park.

Bad things about WA:

1. You stay up half the night wondering which of the two dozen rivers that are fishing well right now you want to go to.

2. Paying sales tax on a chest freezer to stuff with hatchery fish from a decent week in the fall.

3. Sunburns from fishing for Lk. Washington Sockeye.

4. You don't often get the *surprise* of catching a bass while steelhead fishing.

Whatever.

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#115287 - 06/14/01 06:31 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Stew, maybe you shouldn't have moved from So Cal to Oregon because it seems RT really wants to continue your "rearing". eek

Good things about WA:
Ummm..this list will be short
1) You can dye your hair any color of the rainbow, pierce every orafice, and play hackey-sack in the park all day, everyday, and still be considered part of "the in-crowd".
2) NINTENDO
3) A bazillion coho
4) Volcanoes and Earthquakes
5) Seattle Mariners
6) UW
7) One of the best cancer research hospitals in the world.
8) Steelhead Heaven (in the continental U.S.)
9) Highest lesbian population.
10) Remthra (or however you spell that ghost, viking, indian, etc's name).

and most importantly PRO-WRASSLIN' EVENTS

Bad Things about Oregon:
1) The women are most likely related to Stew or RT.
2) The roads totally suck.
3) Pump monkeys at the gas stations (Oregon's idea of pay at the pump)
4) RT gets first pick at all the livestock sales.
5) Stew gets sloppy seconds :p
6) Above California
7) Too far away from the uninhibited Canadian women.
8) You have to make sure your dates get on the school bus on time on Monday mornings if her curfew isn't 10pm Friday night.
9) You have to run to your car in a zig zag motion after the OSU football games to dodge the bullets fired at you by the players.
10) And the worst thing about Oregon

NO PRO-WRASSLIN' EVENTS

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#115288 - 06/14/01 06:52 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
Just a few differences that come to mind

1. Oregon state tax, but no sales tax - Washington no state tax and no seles tax because we go down to Oregon to make large purchases.

2. Washington Sheep are scared - Oregon sheep are dressed up and taken to a nice dinner(they know how to treat ewe in Oregon)

3.Washington women shave their legs- Oregon women shave their legs, but only twice a year.

4.In Washington you pump your own gas- Oregon they pump it for you(good idea this keeps outastaters moving on thru, we need to do this in Washington.)

5.In Washington we have the Sonics- Oregon has the Blazers (I should have left this one out, what was I thinking?)

6.In Wasington we have the Mariners- Oregon has ????? but they have nicely dressed well fed sheep.

7.Washington has strip clubs where you can buy a $5.00 soda- Oregon has strip clubs where you can buy a $4.00 beer (ok you got us here too)

8.the wives of washington fishermen check their men for the smell of another women- wives of Oregon fishermen check their men for wool fibers the smell of lanolin and vasoline.

9.In Washington it's just a short drive to Canada- In Oregon you have to drive atleast 3 hrs ( Ok Oregon's better off here too) Just trying to get some fisherman from the great white north involved with this thread.

10.And the #10 difference is In Washington your mothers brother is your uncle- In Oregon your mothers brother most likely is your father.

#115289 - 06/14/01 10:05 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, whazz the big deal about raising sheep? I have a large back property. Talking about the yard, not me :p . Besides, the sheep don't bother the emus. Grass seed is cheap and the 'grazing' fees I get from Os and Yall are rather profitable. I just take their money and leave, I don't watch. The thing is the grass is still in the same condition when I get back confused , except for all the wool, feathers, and neurotic animals scatered around on it. Go figure. rolleyes rolleyes ...

And it's interesting that this turns to a 3 way debate. I wasn't aware of the deepseated WA division between east and west. I would guess at the real core of this is sheep - not UW vs WSU! Western inhabitants of WA have historically wrought havoc on the eastside sheep populations. Prior to the 1900's is was mostly a food issue; but not exclusively. Now it's become more a matter of the heart. Many broken hearts have occured with the evil westside heathens stealing the affections of many a 'Lamb Chop' from the ranchers while they were ensconsed with the pigs. "Suuuweee"! Just goes to show you ranchers, don't put all your 'pork' into pork futures while the wool market is hot!
-----------
RT
"Stock" market analist eek
Pain Wetter, Inc.

#115290 - 06/18/01 02:12 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
needed to bring this to the top again

Good things about Washington:
We don't have the Blazers to let us down.
We didn't expect the Sonics to do crap...so we weren't disapoited.
Pro football (SeaHawks) things can only get better.
Wassu is almost in Idaho ....not close enough

BTW Stew ...Yes we do own the Columbia.... wink
God put it right down the center of the State....Helps keep the Cougs over there( cats hate water including baths)

So Basically ...I'll take that challenge....Jigs at 30 paces(no bait)

Oh ya 1 more thing...How'd I get stuck with Redneck......only way he catches fish is if we fish the Cowlitz rolleyes ......Os

Got Fish ?.... Silent Approach Jigs

NWO
Team Redneck

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: The Reel Timberman ]

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Osprey ]

#115291 - 06/18/01 09:55 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Three guys are walkin along a beach in South America RT, Hey_Yall, and some guys from cali.

RT was walkin O I mean stumbling along when he triped over a lamp

Hey_yall being the nice guys he was picked up the lamp and then Pushed RT down again.

Hey_yall started to clean the lamp off when a Geanie popped out

The Geanie said I will grant you each one with for releasing me from my lamp.

The guy from cali wished for more power.
The Geanie snaped his finger and said Done.

RT said I want a wall built around Oregan so no one from washington or anywhere else for that matter can get into my great state.

The Geanie snaped his fingers and said Done.

Hey_yall Said "Now wait a minute No one can get in or out of Oregan?" the Geanie said thats right.
Hey_yall then said "FILL IT FULL OF WATER!"

eek laugh rolleyes :p
Dances Out

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

#115292 - 06/18/01 09:59 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Three guys are walkin along a beach in South America RT, Hey_Yall, and some guys from cali.

RT was walkin O I mean stumbling along when he triped over a lamp

Hey_yall being the nice guys he was picked up the lamp and then Pushed RT down again.

Hey_yall started to clean the lamp off when a Geanie popped out

The Geanie said I will grant you each one with for releasing me from my lamp.

The guy from cali wished for more power.
The Geanie snaped his finger and said Done.

RT said I want a wall built around Oregon so no one from washington or anywhere else for that matter can get into my great state.

The Geanie snaped his fingers and said Done.

Hey_yall Said "Now wait a minute No one can get in or out of Oregon?" the Geanie said thats right.
Hey_yall then said "FILL IT FULL OF WATER!"

eek laugh rolleyes :p
Dances Out

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

#115293 - 06/19/01 02:07 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
The University of Oregon is promoting Joey Harrington as the next Heisman trophy winner by spending $250,000 on a billboard in Manhattan, New York. Lame Lame Lame!!!

Meanwhile Erickson is recruiting prisoners from Attica.

But wait the Huskies just got that Beaverton QB out of Alcatraz. I mean San Fransico City College.

#115294 - 06/19/01 02:20 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Fishhead Vic Offline
Fry

Loc: Milwaukie,Oregon,USA
I would'nt be tellin anyone that I was proud of a coach named NEWEASLE. He was a cry baby when he was in southern california and still is. If it was'nt for the talent that he brought with him from colorado he would'nt have jack. Only a washeetonian would diss a former coach from his own state (Erickson). Let's wait and see what happens this year and then we can really see who's the boss. laugh rolleyes laugh

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1384 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |