Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130006 - 12/13/01 09:36 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
eggs Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
The thing i like most of vision hooks is the BEND!!! I agree hooks must be very sharp, but when using small hooks the bend is the most important! Vision guys.... you have it right. Gammy's are very sharp, but wrong bend, and the small hooks loose there point quick!
I need to try Vision larger hooks, but am worried they are too thick? I like two 5/0's to run my prawn rig... only have been able to get the (spin) i am looking for with vmc's..... extra fine? Parker and gang whats your coments?

#130007 - 12/13/01 10:37 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
nikkomutt Offline
Fry

Loc: Oregon
How do get on the Vision Web site?
It asks for username and password.

#130008 - 12/14/01 11:58 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Click on the link to www.visionhooksandtackle.com

CLick on the very large Vision logo. This will take you to our e-site.

Click on the "sign in" button. You will need to click on the "Create New Account" link if you do not have an account.

Once you've created the account, shop like there's no tomorrow! Oh wait, if there was no tomorrow, you wouldn't need to shop, now would you? Who makes up these sayings anywyays? That one is stupid! wink

Eggs - ask Joe/Justin for a sample of the 5/0's. I'm sure they will work just fine, but like anything else, sometimes it all boils down to personal preference. Try 'em and see if you like 'em! wink

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#130009 - 12/15/01 03:30 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
nikkomutt Offline
Fry

Loc: Oregon
Hey Parker thanks for directing me to the website.
Everyone here seems to like these new hooks.
The problem i have is i cant find them anywhere.
Do you guys have sample hooks?

#130010 - 12/15/01 03:44 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Bugleman Offline
Parr

Loc: Beaverton, OR
Blah!!

Owner needle points all the way. Way hard steel and a 1/0 almost never bends unless stuck into a rock. I get size 1 for 20c and 1/0 for 25c a piece. Sweet hook up ratio and haven't had a steelie spit a hook yet on my rod. Look up Taka tackle in So Cal and buy the pro packs.

#130011 - 12/15/01 09:05 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
What ever happen to the Mustad boys? Still buy them, fish them and kick ASS, even if I go thru a couple of FILES!!! Next round just keep up. PEACE!!!

#130012 - 12/16/01 12:37 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
Bugleman,
Haven't had one spit the hook yet??? Does that mean you're one for one laugh

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#130013 - 12/16/01 12:50 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Huntar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima, WA
The guys I was fishing with Sat. went 7 boated for 8 hook-ups - the Vision hooks never lost a fish. (The one lost wasn't on a Vision).

#130014 - 12/16/01 06:29 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
if the visions are sharp as gamakatsus, then what difference would price make? seems everyone is cool with spending $300.00 + on a gloomis rod but some of you are complaining about an extra buck for the gamakatsus?? price shouldnt matter, as long as the quality is there...

#130015 - 12/16/01 06:42 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
KSR, I go through about 2000 hooks a year, I don't go through that many rods.

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#130016 - 12/16/01 06:43 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

thats a good point!!

#130017 - 12/16/01 06:52 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
KSR and others,

There is more to Vision hooks than a great value compared to Gamakatsu. It all boils down to the bend of the hooks. Vision hooks have a unique bend from the hook point down which is straighter than comparably sized Gammies. This allows for deeper penetration on the hookset and a slightly larger barb helps keep fish on.

We are not talking about high-modulus graphite rods, we're talking about chemically sharpened hooks. I am very familiar with the process involved in chemical sharpening and Vision, Gamakatsu, Owner, Mustad Ultra Point, etc. are all sharpened in the same fashion. If you want to buy the same thing for a higher price, then be my guest. There are too many guides and recreational fisherman to list that have dumped over-priced Gammies, Owners, etc. and turned to using Vision.

This is America guys, nobody is forcing you to use anything you don't want to. If you want a great chemically sharpened hook or the best worms and swivels on the market for a lot less than the competitors, then look to Vision hooks and tackle. If you haven't used Vision tackle, then please give it a chance before you go knocking it.

Vision is an Olympia, WA based company owned and operated by hard-core fishermen just like yourselves. I have always been in favor of supporting local fishing companies such as Beau Mac, Worden's Lures, Luhr-Jensen, and many of our smaller local jig manufacturers, etc. etc. Thank you for your support and with Vision you will hook and hold more fish! smile

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#130018 - 12/16/01 09:51 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saturday I put Visions thru the torture test. I won't say which river but it gets a late run of chrome..yes rooks...very chrome very large fresh from the salt chuck dogs. Yes dogs...hardly a hint of color on them....and notyour Hoodsport saltchuckers. Anyone by now should know that your normal nasty ugly dogs are harsh on tackle including hooks....well how many of you really have experienced them in their true saltwater form? What? Very few? Anyway alls I had were Size 1 Vision blacks as I left my Pips container with all my freshly tied 2/0s siting at home. Now this is the wrong size hook of any brand for these fish but you "dance with the gal you came with." Seven hookups with four to the bank, two busted 12 pd UG mid leader, and one threw the hook. All of the fish were not handled with kid gloves...I purposely wanted to see how much balls my 1025c Allstar, 201 BSF, 12 pd Maxima UG line and leader, and Vision hooks and swivels. If the rod broke or the reel failed fine..I wanted to fully test my chosen weapons. As far as I'm concerned all performed superbly including those tiny little outmatched Vision hooks. All the fish brought to the bank were locked solid in them hard bony jaws with the hooks a pain get out because they were pinned that tight. I've seen some whiners in my time but...aw heck with it if you don't like the product fine buy the overpriced stuff. Also love it when people who have only about one years river fishing experience start sounding like experts all of a sudden rolleyes .

Gooose rolleyes

#130019 - 12/16/01 10:01 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Well heres my .02 on visions vs. Gamis. If your fishing a river that allows barbs then fish a hook that actually has a barb. You may as well label Gami's as barbless because the barb they have sucks. I won't complain about there sharpness though. As far as visions go they do have a hilacious barb, and that with sharpness and amount of offset are the major factors in hooks.
Keith laugh

#130020 - 12/16/01 10:45 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

ahhh, i see it, its a trash gamakatsu thread now...hmmm, maybe the STS guys owed the Vision guys some back advertising so they agreed to this thread??? LOL you gettin paid good for that last post gooose??? laugh laugh laugh

#130021 - 12/16/01 11:09 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Anonymous
Unregistered

KSR
I ain't no ones beeyotch. BTW did I bust specifically on gammies. Sorry guy you're an outright lurker as you have not offered from what I've seen much else than selective negative comments. Am I wrong but didn't you describe yourself as having little experience fishing rivers and were very virginial about the subject of snagging? How you been doing buzzbombing off the piers? Here's an offer for you....when do you want go river fishing and actually do some comparisons between hook brands? What? I'm waiting?

Gooose laugh

#130022 - 12/16/01 11:19 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
"a gammie may bend but I've "never" straightened one." LOL, thats funny!!!!! laugh laugh laugh Vision... great hooks,great price!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: BK ]

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#130023 - 12/17/01 01:07 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

sure. email me and lets go.

#130024 - 12/17/01 01:08 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
Man,you guys take your hooks far too seriously.How can you get mad at each other over a friggin hook?LOL
I guess I'm the only hook hoe out there.I use Gammies,Vision,Owner and Mustad Ultra points.They all do the job well.My only beef with any of them would be where they are manufactured and under what conditions.

#130025 - 12/17/01 01:36 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
It sure does seem like the people who don't want to talk about the zlip like to dangle them,just can't quit fishing,huh wink I do have to say that v hooks compete with G hooks,the biggest thing in their favor I see is that they sharpen up better.I still think that it has more to do with knowing how the fish think than the gear.I have had too many kids with dull hooks and stinky bait out fish me!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1395 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |