#171854 - 01/17/06 09:19 PM All about Georgie
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

Loc: Richland,Washington

#171856 - 01/18/06 11:04 AM Re: All about Georgie
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
i agree perfectly....... im sure that tk and rory have different views.....of course their view is from deep inside their own asses as they hate America and love Bush

#171857 - 01/18/06 11:11 AM Re: All about Georgie
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

The other day I was at my pharmacy. In front of me was a frail woman at least 80+ years old. She was picking up a prescription for a stomach med. It rang up as $124 after whatever insurance she had. Most likely Medicare. I thought she was going to drop from shock right there. She said she couldn't afford it and left. It's not right! She should get free meds IMO.

#171858 - 01/20/06 03:56 PM Re: All about Georgie
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Just like Bush promised, right? He wouldn't lie to us would he? wait.... wait....

#171859 - 01/20/06 04:57 PM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
"She said she couldn't afford it and left. It's not right! She should get free meds IMO'

Nice of you to whip out the debit card and cover it for her Stlhd. Oh You mean somone else should pay for it just as long as it is not you. Did you shove her down on your way to the counter. Someone should smack your parents for raising a low rent like you.

#171860 - 01/20/06 05:04 PM Re: All about Georgie
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

It's called empathy, TK. Stlhead was feeling empathy. Actually a fairly common emotion. Not among neocons of course.

#171861 - 01/20/06 05:21 PM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Tell the old lady to take two empathy's with a glass of water and she will feel good in the AM. What a dolt.

#171863 - 01/20/06 05:55 PM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"The poor old lady has seen the price of her meds double and triple since Bush took office. But hey, drug company profits and CEO pay is astronomic."

Prove it.

#171865 - 01/20/06 09:29 PM Re: All about Georgie
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

One of the wierder things TK's hero put in the new medicare drug bill was a provision forbidding the government to negotiate any agreement with drug companies to lower drug prices.

Add to that the fact that you must sign up for an insurance company plan to receive benefits, and it's clear the whole dam thing was designed to be a boondoggle for the drug companies and the insurance companies, not to provide assistance to the elderly.

#171866 - 01/21/06 02:26 PM Re: All about Georgie
JigHead Offline
Parr

Loc: North Sound
I wonder how many elderly and disadvantaged persons could recieve a price break if the industry stopped their innapropriate marketing. Why should I "ask my doctor" for any given drug?
Or, take one week's worth of our operating costs in Iraq and re-invest into free medical programs for seniors with need.

#171868 - 01/22/06 12:40 PM Re: All about Georgie
FishBear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western Washington
TK does not know about the increasing price of medicine/presciption drugs in America because he does not buy any (against the pleading, begging advice of his shrink of course). He needs other people to "prove it" for him as his own observations will not work in this situation.

George W. Bush

#171869 - 01/22/06 12:41 PM Re: All about Georgie
FishBear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western Washington
I know I said to ignore him but I just could not help it... the leftist devil have me do it.

George W. Bush

#171870 - 01/23/06 11:07 AM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Brand name drugs doubled . How many insurance companies allow you to buy brand name drugs if generic are available? Not medicare not the majors. I am sure the elderly without coverage are do not. The only reason to buy brand name is if the patent is still active and no generics are available. I think we should provide low cost drugs to seniors. With the exception that if they smoked or now smoke are alcoholic or obese they get nothing for conditions stemming from their choice.

#171871 - 01/23/06 01:14 PM Re: All about Georgie
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

You break your leg mountain climbing you get no treatment because it was your choice to engage in risky behavior? Let em all die? How neocon of you. So, if you think neocon you get no mental health treatment because you chose to be insane.

#171872 - 01/23/06 01:19 PM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

If you want to be a moron and compare healthful activies to destructive activites knock yourself out. I know the name of the first person to climb mount Everest but have no idea who the first person to die from smoking related disease was I wonder why?.

#171873 - 01/23/06 01:41 PM Re: All about Georgie
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

And you'll decide which activities are healthful and covered and which are not right? More neoconism. Visit a country where malaria is a potential, get Malaria, your fault and no treatment so say the neocons. Eat beef and get mad cow? Have a cavity? Did you eat something sweet? no coverage. Hurt in an auto accident? Were you driving a small car? No coverage. Fall off your horse? Shouldn't have been riding in the first place. No coverage. Devlope diabetes? Should have lost that ten pounds. No coverage. Long live the little world of neocons!

#171874 - 01/23/06 03:00 PM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Shows how stupid you are. Big difference between smoking, drinking, obesity and any of your silly examples. Go ahead and be obtuse and a fool.

#171875 - 01/23/06 03:37 PM Re: All about Georgie
Wailuku Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Portland
What's the big difference? Or are you just going to keep with the name calling?

#171876 - 01/23/06 04:05 PM Re: All about Georgie
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Wacky,

Smoking, drinking, obesity and related illness cost the US health care system billions of dollars a year and are destructive personal choices. Now if everyone new that the cows were loaded with mad cow and still ate them then cut them off as well. If cavities related to candy consumption are a problem and killing health care with costs we should look at them.

#171877 - 01/23/06 05:14 PM Re: All about Georgie
Wailuku Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Portland
So if something costs the system money and is a destructive choice it should not be covered? You are brilliant! Who determines destructive personal choices? You?

Which do you weight more heavily? The cost on the system or the destructiveness of choice? Or is it a carefully balanced calculation only the elite few are privy to?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
5 registered (wolverine, Carcassman, No More Ice Fishin, steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1166 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |