Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309645 - 08/18/05 11:11 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Republicsteelheader Offline
Parr

Loc: Republic WA.
I LIVE IN REPUBLIC WA. RURAL EASTERN WA. SMALL TOWN NOT MUCH TO DO UP HERE IF YOU DONT LIKE TO FISH AND OR HUNT. OUR GAME WARDEN IS A TERROR. HE WRITES TICKETS FOR EXPIRED TABS ON YOUR VEHICLE TERRORIZES PEOPLE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ABOUT ORV LICENCES. HE THINKS HE IS THE DICTATOR OF FERRY CO. RECENTLY HE GAVE AN 87 YEAR OLD MAN A TICKET FOR FISHING WITH TWO POLES. THE OLD MAN AND HIS WIFE WERE FLY FISHING SIDE BY SIDE AND THE WIFE GOT TANGLED UP SO HE TUCKED HIS ROD UNDER HIS ARM AND TOOK HER ROD AND WAS WORKING ON THE TANGLE BOTH OF THE LINES WERE IN THE WATER UP COME THE WARDEN AND WRITES THE TICKET. I BELIEVE HE CAME HERE FROM FORKS AFTER HE RECIEVED DEATH THREATS OVER THERE WHICH I CAN NOT CONDONE BUT UNDERSTAND WHY. THERE ARE MANY SIMILAR STORIES I COULD TELL BUT I HAVE TYPED TOO LONG ALREADY. THESE ARE THE REASONS I HATE GAME WARDENS. NOT FOR THE CONSERVATION WORK THEY DO. WE LIVE IN A POLICE STATE. I WAS FISHING ON LAKE ROOSEVELT AND GOT HASSLED BY A STATE GAME WARDEN A TRIBAL GAME WARDEN A FEDERAL GAME WARDEN A PARK RANGER AND TO TOP IT OFF A COASTGAURD OFFICER. ALL IN THE SAME DAY. LK. ROOSEVELT IS CONSIDERED A NAVAGATABLE WATER OR SOME THING AND FALLS UNDER COASTGAURD JURISDICTION I WENT HOME WITH A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH THAT DAY. MY SON GOT A METAL DETECTOR FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND WE WERE CAMPING ON LAKE ROOSEVELT AND GOT A TICKET BECAUSE IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO HAVE A METAL DETECTOR IN A NATIONAL REC. AREA. I HAD NO IDEA. REASONS LIKE THESE ARE AGAIN WHY I DISLIKE WARDENS. WHEN A WARDEN APPROACHS ME I AM NERVEOUS BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW CLOSELY I STUDY THE REGS I WORRY THAT I EITHER MIS ENTERPED OR JUST PLAIN MISSED ONE.

#309646 - 08/18/05 01:11 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Supposedly these wardens had 25 yrs experience each. I smell a lawsuit over this one, emotional distress, the duck will be permanently scarred will need therapy etc. etc. Nice to know my license fees get pissed away on stuff like this. FREE GOOEY

#309647 - 08/18/05 02:59 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Gooey Gooey, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Gooey Gooey, oh ducky
Me gotta go

Fine little girl waits for me
Back in her factory
There she waits, all alone
Never know if I make it home

Gooey Gooey, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Gooey Gooey, oh ducky
Me gotta go

Three nights and days they rehab me
Think of girl, constantly
In my cage, I dream she's there
I smell the rose in her hair.

Gooey Gooey, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Gooey Gooey, oh ducky
Me gotta go

#309648 - 08/18/05 03:16 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
When does common sense enter into the situation? Or doesn't it for you?
ET, meet TK. \:D

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#309649 - 08/18/05 04:49 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

Loc: Kirkland
Quote:
Originally posted by Ikissmykiss:
What a funny thread........personally, I think anybody who names a duck Gooey, diapers it, and takes it to work with her needs some serious help.
Well somebody finaaly hit it on the head. Things I have learned in my dating is that any woman with a small pet has serious issues she needs to deal with. Personally I think the whole thing is funny as heck. The only reason why I support what they did is because I have seen first hand how dumb people are around "wild" animals. WDFW was on watch one day at the shilshole boat launch because a mother harbor seal had left her pup behind on the ramp. Lady starts walking up to it to feed it and after repeated warnings over the loud speaker she decides that she knows better and tries to feed it. Little pup didn't go for the food it went for her hand trying to defend itself. Talk about freakin hilarious. A lot of people are really really dumb when it comes to that kind of stuff. Granted I think it was a bit overkill for a duck.

#309650 - 08/18/05 05:29 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what transpired at the time of the duck violation, but I can assure you if force was employed it was probably deserving.

It's the same old story. If you break the law, standby.

#309652 - 08/18/05 06:09 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Quote:
but I can assure you if force was employed it was probably deserving.
Can you? How's that?

#309653 - 08/18/05 06:29 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Jeff J Offline
Parr

Loc: Issaquah
I would have to guess if cops pushed her or grabbed ducky it was after she pushed them or tried to get past them, causing them to restrain her to procure the unfourtunate wild animal that she hope to domesticate and love.

#309655 - 08/18/05 07:52 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well DanS, I seriously doubt that any LE officer would jeopardize his/her job over a duck.

Most people think that cops use excessive force, well I have news for you, we use force because we have to. We are not firefighters that come and save the day, we are the people that make the wrong things right and most of the people doing wrong are willing to hurt use so they don't get caught. It is a matter of survival.

Sure it was just a duck, but what transpired to cause a situation where force was required, I’ll tell you, a non-compliant violator. Someone who didn’t want to do what the legislators that you elected say is right. If you don’t like the laws that are in place, don’t blame the cops, look at your government body and write them. We don’t write them, we enforce them.

My guess, and it is a complete guess, is that the person resisted giving up the critter, she may have gotten blocked of shoved, or what ever. I don't second guess my brothers and sisters, I support them. If they felt that "use of force" was necessary, than it probably was.

I looked at your profile and it says your occupation is sales. When was the last time you had a client get in your face and threaten your well being for the simple fact of your career? Apples and oranges. I will go home safe, no matter whose toes I step on.

You folks are lucky; I will give you an honest opinion as I see it. If you don’t like it then don’t read it.

I call it like I see it and I see that there is a few people who are not true "sportsmen" on this site. The ones who do the right thing only when being watched.

#309656 - 08/18/05 07:57 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by undertheinfluence:
It's the same old story. If you break the law, standby.
:rolleyes: This guy is trusted with a gun? :rolleyes:

Never question authority! I AM THE LAW! Drop the duck or I'll shoot!

#309657 - 08/18/05 08:20 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
fishdontbiteforme Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
Quote:
Originally posted by stlhead:
Maybe it's the two who sank the boat the other day? Busted down to duckling enforcement?
Now that is funny, I was thinking the same thing. Also, I am pretty sure this was a hatchery duck!

Undertheinfluence, that is the problem I have with most LEO, some of you guys do make mistakes (as we all do), but most of you all will take the side of one another without evening knowing what happened. You know as well as I do some of your LE brethren that are not straight as an arrow.

#309658 - 08/18/05 08:39 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Just read the WDFW site:

“While the Department has the authority to remove a wild animal being held in captivity, we recognize there are many other high priorities facing our enforcement officers, including the need to respond to dangerous wildlife complaints, enforce state fishing and hunting laws and protect endangered species,” Koenings said. “In light of those demands, we will be reviewing the response to this captive-wildlife complaint.”

Obviously our has had some effect. Where's TK now?

This is all just dumb, dumb, dumb. And what is sad is that the law enforcement types can't even see that. Their eyes are blurred over by rage: How dare that woman question our authority! We are the law! It doesn't matter if it is just a duck. She can't refuse us! We are the law!

#309660 - 08/18/05 09:21 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
BiLLYiZME Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Kitsap
The lack of common sense here is how WDFW went about retrieving the duck. they should've sent a letter stating they had received complaint about her, informed her of the law, and requested she turn it in, or further action taken in say , 60 days. This seems how one would handle a low priority matter such as this, because obviously, WDFW has far better things to do, as previous posters have stated.

Betcha this is what is behind it all. Some person with not enough to do or a peta type started complaining to WDFW about this woman. WDFW probabaly rolled their eyes and put on backburner. The peta type kept complaining, and threatened to start bugging the higher-ups, state legislators, and calling the papers and tv stations. WDFW finally got enough pressure they had to do something......but they really blew it using the tactics they did.

#309661 - 08/18/05 10:19 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

fishdontbiteforme,

It's all about trust and integrity. On the streets I don't have time to question why until it is all said and done. If you can't trust now, you can never trust during a critical incident.

It's called the fellow officer rule, If he saw it, so did I (as far as probable cause to arrest).

Billy.... I couldn't agree more. Very low priority, they needed to go to Eatonville for gators. Maybe they needed bait?

#309662 - 08/18/05 11:17 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
thesled Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: MLT
Im sooo glad my money is going to such great use. I think I'm going to go knock off some kittens.

#309663 - 08/18/05 11:35 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
undertheinfluence.....now THAT'S quite a thing to put into print.....
Quote:
It's called the fellow officer rule, If he saw it, so did I (as far as probable cause to arrest).
What you have just admitted to is lying....and just exactly HOW do you expect the public to respect that???

#309664 - 08/18/05 11:57 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Everyone hold one.............here we go!!!!! I love these threads......

#309665 - 08/19/05 12:01 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Dan S. Offline

Quote:

Hmmm. So if dude said he needed to shove the woman, he did?

#309667 - 08/19/05 01:01 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Driftfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Spanaway
I hope Gooey crosses directly over my blind and the cameras are rolling as Gooey crumbles in a ball of fethers falling from the hevens dirrectly to my dinner table.

#309668 - 08/19/05 01:09 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Olybirds Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Thurston Co.
heres the law they were acting on:

"""MIGRATORY BIRD TREATY ACT
16 U.S.C. §§ 703-712, July 3, 1918, as amended 1936, 1960, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1978, 1986 and 1989.
Overview. The Migratory Bird Treaty Act implements various treaties and conventions between the U.S. and Canada, Japan, Mexico and the former Soviet Union for the protection of migratory birds. Under the Act, taking, killing or possessing migratory birds is unlawful.

Prohibited Acts. Unless permitted by regulations, the Act provides that it is unlawful to pursue, hunt, take, capture or kill; attempt to take, capture or kill; possess, offer to or sell, barter, purchase, deliver or cause to be shipped, exported, imported, transported, carried or received any migratory bird, part, nest, egg or product, manufactured or not. Subject to limitations in the Act, the Secretary of the Interior (Secretary) may adopt regulations determining the extent to which, if at all, hunting, taking, capturing, killing, possessing, selling, purchasing, shipping, transporting or exporting of any migratory bird, part, nest or egg will be allowed, having regard for temperature zones, distribution, abundance, economic value, breeding habits and migratory flight patterns. Regulations are effective upon Presidential approval. §§ 703 and 704"""

If it was a captive bred bird as somone on here stated then the Rear facing toe on the birds right foot would have been clipped off when it was a chick. There would be a evident healed scar (similar to a hatchery salmon).

The idea of the law is that the feds dont want people capturing wild birds and then sell them for profit. All migratory birds ie. ducks and geese fall under this law as well as under section 50 CFR 21.

The Law aside, I think this is ridiculous that 2 agents waste their time and our tax dollars on such a trivial violation as this. Its not always black and White.

For example how many speeding tickets has UndertheInfluence written to people who went thru his Radar at 1 or 2 MPH over the speed limit??? I'd bet ZERO. Were they breaking the law..... Sure they were ... But Come on ....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Alpne Dan, bjcarpetguy, red river, westcoastdayton
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 205 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645379 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |