THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391644 - 11/27/07 05:51 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: WinterKing]
hybridcx Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: sequim, Wa
i hear ya there.
that happend to me about a year and a half ago on the duc. there are some good spots on somoe of thouse logging roads. when i lived there i was fishing it and some guys from bainbridge came in and acted like they ownd the place no reguard for anyone else. they had read about access to that paticular hole. that inticed me to buy a DB but looks like that didn't do all that much either.

#391646 - 11/27/07 05:54 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: WinterKing]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
 Originally Posted By: WinterKing
I will have a new topic on this tomorrow

I'll put in $1 and say that topic will last two pages. Anyone else?

#391651 - 11/27/07 06:06 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: WinterKing]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
I will have a new topic on this tomorrow

Maybe WK ;\) Your ice is thin around these parts given your contributions to date.

Funny how it's all a matter of perspective. Around these parts, many people consider anyone living east of Lake Crescent to be an outsider.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#391653 - 11/27/07 06:09 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Bob]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
I don't expect solitude on the Bogy

The site said drive down road X until you see cars pulled off then look for the trail!!!!!

Ooooooh, the EVIL internet strikes again...

Maybe you shouldn't expect solitute at (oh, lemmie guess... THE BARK HOLE) a well known park-n-fish hole on the lower Duc either... (granted those guys were asshats)

(I used to do lots of rockclimbing, mostly pioneering new areas. It always made me lol when climbers complained about other people finding their "secret" spots. They were usually "found" because they left their cars at obvious pullouts covered with climbing stickers. Is it possible, WinterKing, that people could have found your "secret" spot because your rig told them you were there and not just the internet? )

And honestly, if you think the web has such a bad influence on your "style" of fishing, why log on??

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#391654 - 11/27/07 06:10 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: wntrrn]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
I have never had to race anyone bushwacking \:\) Trails are there for a reason, people walk (and sometimes run) on them. I am sure the trails were there long before the internet. Hurrying to get in front of someone seems like poor form to me and I can't say I would do it. Sometimes I feel bad for pulling up at a trailhead packed and ready to go while folks who got there before me are still gearing up. Some friendly small talk and avoiding the appearance of rushing usually cuts the tension. I don't think it would be reasonable for them to expect me to wait for them to lead the way though.

The folks willing to pull that kind of stunt rarely have the hot hand, and catching fish in front of them is an easy to to win a silent victory and a perfect segue into an educational opportunity.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#391655 - 11/27/07 06:12 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: hohbomb73]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
 Originally Posted By: hohbomb73

And honestly, if you think the web has such a bad influence on your "style" of fishing, why log on??

Brilliant point!

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#391656 - 11/27/07 06:13 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: ColeyG]
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville

#391658 - 11/27/07 06:15 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: The Moderator]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...

#391664 - 11/27/07 06:42 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: hohbomb73]
hybridcx Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: sequim, Wa
[quote=hohbomb73 (oh, lemmie guess... THE BARK HOLE) [/quote]

damit there goes ziper lip spot number 2 for the day!!!!

i was thinking that as well discovery bay would seem more like claiming the quillcene as his teritorial river.

#391666 - 11/27/07 06:47 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: hybridcx]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
...There's good rockclimbing out there too!

OOPS...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#391667 - 11/27/07 06:51 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: hybridcx]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I suspect the Internet has had some effect, but thew fact is every year we seem to lose places to fish. In the 70's we had many choices that are not available today. When the number of anglers go up and the places we can fish goes down there's only one outcome.

I am sorry to tell you it will get worse. Both the number of angler's and the bad manners. Take a look at the Vedder River to see what ours will one day look like. Whne I began fishing it in the early 80's I thought it was a bit crowded, but angler ethics were excellent. Today it's a gong show and the angler ethics are in the toilet.

#391671 - 11/27/07 07:01 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: ]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

In reality though, the Bogey Brat crowd has gotten smaller, not bigger though. So go figure??

Back on track ... not enough rise to qualify as a freshet my any means, but there should be enough moving up for a derby winner, on my boat \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#391672 - 11/27/07 07:05 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Bob]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
That is, if it makes it TO your boat \:\)

See you Thursday!

#391676 - 11/27/07 07:08 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Sky-Guy]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Doesn't have to ... I'll just steal it if need be. Hard to believe how many great big nets a fella can have \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#391677 - 11/27/07 07:08 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: hohbomb73]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
 Originally Posted By: hohbomb73
lemmie guess... THE BARK HOLE

dude i was totally thinking the same thing....

#391679 - 11/27/07 07:11 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Sky-Guy]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I'm really irritated by all the Seahawk fans coming over on the ferry and leaving all their tailgate crap all down the back of our building.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#391690 - 11/27/07 07:49 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
are you telling me there are fish in the peninsula river's ? if i drive all the way up there can i catch a fish? i will need all you guy's to tell me the hot spots. but first how do i get to the peninsula ? man i knew this internet thing would pay off.winterking can i go with you sometime, you sound like a great guy.

#391725 - 11/27/07 10:06 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Bob]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
 Originally Posted By: Bob
Hard to believe how many great big nets a fella can have \:\)

Now that was a tip you shouldn't have gave away \:\)

Edited by Dave D (11/27/07 10:07 PM)

#391732 - 11/27/07 10:34 PM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Dave D]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Poulsbo
I will admit to not knowing much about how much rain is needed to bring in d brats. But I would think that any amount of rain with these 11+ ft am tides would bring in some fresh ones.

http://www.madrivermanufacturing.com/swstore1.htm

Jigs, injection molded worms made in the USA

#391760 - 11/28/07 12:40 AM Re: Will this rain be enough for some fresh SRC br [Re: Jason Y]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
We'll have three nets in our boat.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1294 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645376 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |