Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#402702 - 01/08/08 11:07 AM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: grumpyr]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
If this goes through there will be a negative ripple effect to the food/beverage industry. Instead of stopping by your favorite watering hole for a beer or having a glass of wine at a nice restaurant, you will go straight home or have have some bottled water with dinner. Less people going out for drinks(with or without dinner), less people ordering drinks = less $ for restaurant industry.

Gotta love Washington..........DUI checkpoints, permanent ban on outdoor burning in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties, no Christmas trees at the airport. What's next.........we can only fish on weekends?

#402711 - 01/08/08 11:24 AM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: Snake Pliskin]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"There's no way to judge the real success of such a program."

But you are ready to throw your and my rights out the window for it?

Big hog, I've lived in this state my entire life and never once, not one time, have the police been given more power and not tried to stretch it or down right abuse it. You could also turn your argument around and make it about gun control. Do you want gun control?

I say sidewalk checkpoints will be next and maybe make more sense. Stop all of those bar brawls, stabbings and shootings we read about.

#402720 - 01/08/08 11:39 AM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: stlhead]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
[quote=stlhead

I say sidewalk checkpoints will be next and maybe make more sense. Stop all of those bar brawls, stabbings and shootings we read about. [/quote]

I agree! Just think of all the crimes we could stop BEFORE they occur!!

Now that the human genome is mapped, why not just take everyone's blood and weed out the gene for alcoholism, then deny them all licenses. Or better yet, put them in Jail right away when they turn 16 (as a preventative measure-- hey, if it stops ONE innocent person from being hurt it FINE by me!) as we all know "the system" will rehabilitate them right away and they will never commit heinous crimes against cops or even regular citizens...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#402723 - 01/08/08 11:47 AM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: hohbomb73]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
I went up to BC (Abbotsford) for a concert. Leaving the concert-which served beer/wine-the Mounties were checking ALL vehicles/drivers. Luckily, I drank moderately due to the drive home.

#402737 - 01/08/08 12:01 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: hohbomb73]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
200+ people were killed last year in WA state from drunk drivers. If it saves 1 life it's worth it...BUT...

I agree DUI laws should be made more strict by our legislature before they enact this check-point crap. In some states where they have the check-points they use the narrowing field system where they setup cones to the point where it's obvious who shouldn't be driving and wave everyone else through. Some states stop every other driver, some every third.

But you know dayum well what they'll do here. They will have 10 guys running plates looking for warrants, priors and tickets while 3 guys do random checks for seat belts, cell phone use and equipment checks racking up fines. They were talking to the WA state patrol cheif yesterday on the radio and they plan to get a warrant each time they set up one of these check points so they can pretty much do as they wish. He said they only plan to target DUI but when asked if they were going to be looking for other things, he just said if they see something obvious they would handle it. He said they were only going to do "problem" areas. LOL

But what the hell, one jack off leaving a bar gets on his cell phone and that check point is empty for the evening. Go figure.

Gregoire is brilliant!

#402752 - 01/08/08 12:17 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: blue_jay]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

If the LAWS can't keep these dangerous offenders in jail, then what's the point of ONE roadblock?

I think we should forward an initiative to have PERMANENT road blocks (err, dui checkpoints) put up all over our states. I figure about 7-12,000 of them should do the trick in Seattle alone. When our troops come home, perhaps they can help: they'll know just what to do to stop domestic insurgencies (err, dui)...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#402753 - 01/08/08 12:20 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: blue_jay]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

[quote=blue_jay]

But what the hell, one jack off leaving a bar gets on his cell phone and that check point is empty for the evening. Go figure.
/quote]

Yeah, 'cause the ONE "jack off" obviously knows EVERY OTHER PERSON'S phone number to warn them all!

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#402756 - 01/08/08 12:22 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: fish4brains]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
If it comes to pass, I'll move.

#402765 - 01/08/08 12:33 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: Irie]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
they have check points in Mexico. they also have taken away their guns.

#402806 - 01/08/08 02:00 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Shhh..they might use stopping a suitcase nuke as an excuse for checkpoints.

#402827 - 01/08/08 02:20 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: hohbomb73]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: hohbomb73
[quote=blue_jay]

/quote]

Yeah, 'cause the ONE "jack off" obviously knows EVERY OTHER PERSON'S phone number to warn them all!

A bar or tavern usually has a phone.

#402849 - 01/08/08 02:48 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: blue_jay]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

KK, this explains the work around of the previous decision:

http://www.komotv.com/news/13512457.html

I always like this "The proposal drew immediate support from law enforcement "

More power???? HELL YEAH!!!!

#402850 - 01/08/08 02:49 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: blue_jay]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
Hillary said that there is such a thing as a suitcase nuke, so there is......is?

#402853 - 01/08/08 02:58 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: chasbo]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

It's amazing how the lefties prop these people up and then get burned by them over and over again. And to think she lost the election and recount. Not that two out of three counts for anything when your buddies work for the supreme court - who cares.

#402881 - 01/08/08 03:27 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

From the Hitler youth gallery:
"It's amazing how the lefties prop these people up and then get burned by them over and over again. And to think she lost the election and recount. Not that two out of three counts for anything when your buddies work for the supreme court - who cares. "

Hmmm....what other election does that remind you of? One involving an idiot, liar and traitor. Even though you were severely burned I bet you're still proud of your vote. Now that's dumb.

#402886 - 01/08/08 03:30 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: blue_jay]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
 Originally Posted By: blue_jay
It's amazing how the lefties prop these people up and then get burned by them over and over again. And to think she lost the election and recount. Not that two out of three counts for anything when your buddies work for the supreme court - who cares.

Take a look at our last national election there BJ and you might see the irony in your arguement. It's not who you know it's who you blow. And I have a retail store which will donate another set of knee pads to make sure you get what you want out of this next election.

Just make sure you take it deep because while you may feel pleasure from being pounded hard the rest of just see it as being screwed!

#402903 - 01/08/08 03:51 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: wntrrn]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
 Quote:
It's amazing how the lefties prop these people up and then get burned by them over and over again.

The Dems are going to save us from drunks with their assualts on our rights, and the Repubs are going to save us from terrorists with their assaults on our rights........and you'll be right there washing the balls of half of them.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#402923 - 01/08/08 04:31 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: wntrrn]
1bighog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia
I knew I could give this thread a big boost in it's post count. Where to start?

Hohbomb-you're not stopping the crime before it occurs. The driver is already DUI. You're stopping them before they hurt someone. Your analogy is ridiculous, but I didnt expect much more.

Fuzzy Grub-Even thinking about responding to this intelligently without calling you an idiot is impossible. I think I'll pass.

Aunty-You're right. I have no idea what the 4th Amendment means. I should have learned it yesterday. Me, the lawmakers of 40 other states and the United States Supreme Court including Chief Justice Rehnquist who said that DUI checkpoints are "necessary to reduce drunk driving." None of us have any clue about the constitution.

Stlhead- If you think people become cops for "more power," I don't think there's anything I could say to change your mind. Don't worry though. You will still be able to call 911 when you need help and one of the power hungry, jack booted thugs will immediately respond to help you. The reason this has the support of Law Enforcement is because it takes drunk drivers off the streets. Not for "more power." If you have never seen someone killed by a drunk driver and then had to notify their family, you proably aren't going to get it.

Irie- Here's a list of states you can consider if this passes. Alaksa, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Texas is nice. You can learn to fish for speckled trout and redfish. These are the states that currently prohibite checkpoints. You might not want to unpack though, because other states are looking at this issue again too.

#402931 - 01/08/08 04:44 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: 1bighog]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

bighog do you feel sometimes like you're talking to stumps? lol

#402937 - 01/08/08 04:59 PM Re: DUI checkpoints [Re: ]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Yup...it say's right there in the constitution..."you have the right to drive a motor vehicle"

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1407 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |