Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

S.S.S. thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#710764 - 10/17/11 02:58 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Sol Duc]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
More cops than anything this morning as I drove by. Looked like they were hosing Westlake Park down. I did see three groups of "Protesters" carrying thier belongs in tents or tarps across Olive heading north on Fourth. I wonder were they were headed? Hardly anyone at the Mayors house.

Where did they all go?

#710799 - 10/17/11 05:53 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Burlington, WA
What if working class Americans actually support the Occupy Wall Street movement? In the last week alone the AFL-CIO has 25,000 new recruits.

Article Link

#710803 - 10/17/11 06:11 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Rooselk]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Nazi's come out in support of OWS (I am sure this will help the "Cause" wink )

http://anp14.com/news/archives.php?report_date=2011-10-16

#710974 - 10/18/11 01:59 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

UP THE REVOLUTION!

#711104 - 10/18/11 10:07 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I think Wall Street thieves have stolen more. rofl====AM.

You beat me to it!!!!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#711124 - 10/18/11 10:58 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment...
See? Even RWWJs are showing up for this thing.
wink

#711125 - 10/18/11 11:00 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: goharley]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Real top drawer comparison..... rolleyes

#711152 - 10/19/11 12:20 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
I have no idea what she's protesting and neither does she...

Fixed it for ya'.

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
just like you have no idea how she came into possession of an expensive computer.

At least she's freed herself from more corporate bondage...she oughta' thank the thief/fellow protester/friend.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#711533 - 10/20/11 04:53 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
The irony never don't cease to amaze... smile

Stunner: 'Occupy Boston' Turning Violent
The hits just keep on coming for these "occupy" mobs. Former Boston Mayor Ray Flynn says it's time for the human debris to move on.

A confrontation with a knife-wielding junkie at Occupy Boston and rampant thefts have tensions simmering between the protesters and the homeless, prompting Mayor Thomas M. Menino’s predecessor to say it’s high time for police to clear the tent city.

“It’s causing disruptions to public order,” former Mayor Raymond L. Flynn told the Herald. “They should have been given one day — 24 hours and that’s it. They have to be removed.”

Asked how he’d handle the encampment — which Menino has been willing to tolerate so far — Flynn said: “I’d walk down there with the police commissioner and I’d say, ‘Look, you’ve done your thing, but please respect the laws of this city. It’s time to pack up, clean up and leave.’”

Flynn’s tough talk comes amid the reported rape of a 19-year-old female college student at an Occupy camp in Cleveland and the knife play in Dewey Square in Boston on Sunday.

According to a Boston police report, a disgruntled homeless man got into an argument at 6:15 p.m. with Occupiers because he “had nowhere to stay.” The man urinated on a tent and then allegedly pulled a knife on a group of 10 shocked protesters. No one was stabbed but several protesters later told cops they felt “threatened” by the incident.

Cops assigned to the site grabbed the man, searched him and found a hypodermic needle and a knife. The blade was seized, but the alleged victims would not provide their names to police, so the man was not arrested, police said.

“Vigilant officers intervened in the situation and quickly de-escalated it,” Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll said.

Menino yesterday downplayed the problems, repeating that the demonstrators can stay as long as they are peaceful. He said he’s not concerned about police costs. “It is not right now a drain on resources,” he said.

The incident highlights an emerging rift between the Occupiers and homeless, who have moved into the tent city to feast on freebies. Occupy protesters and a law enforcement source said cellphones, laptops and other items have been swiped from tents, but Driscoll said the department has received no reports of robberies.

“The homeless people are down there lurking around,” a law-enforcement source told the Herald. “Some of them are mentally ill and criminally insane. The potential is there for problems.”

Demonstrator Andrew Warner, 36, said homeless people are hijacking tents, getting drunk, “passing out” and stealing.

“It’s turning into us against them,” Warner said. “They come in here and they’re looking at it as a way of getting a free meal and a place to crash, which is totally fine, but they don’t bring anything to the table at all. It gets really frustrating.”

Now they know how productive members of society feel. Taxpayers support these freeloaders, they don't bring anything to the table, and you know what? It gets really frustrating.

Welcome to reality, folks.

by the Jammie Wearing Fool at PJM

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#712206 - 10/22/11 01:01 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

#712228 - 10/22/11 04:11 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Quote:
"We're here to spoil each other," said Kat Enyeart, a 25-year-old medic who says she spends half her time tending to the homeless, some of whom are physically and mentally ill. "It's a big, messy, beautiful thing."

Like she said.........beautiful! rofl

#712480 - 10/23/11 09:45 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

"I refuse to believe that corporations are people until Texas executes one."

#713416 - 10/27/11 06:41 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

The freeloaders are getting pissed at other freeloaders rofl

Occupy Wall Street kitchen staff protesting fixing food for freeloaders
By SELIM ALGAR and BOB FREDERICKS

Last Updated: 9:48 AM, October 27, 2011

Posted: 1:43 AM, October 27, 2011

EXCLUSIVE
The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

For three days beginning tomorrow, the cooks will serve only brown rice and other spartan grub instead of the usual menu of organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad.

They will also provide directions to local soup kitchens for the vagrants, criminals and other freeloaders who have been descending on Zuccotti Park in increasing numbers every day.

To show they mean business, the kitchen staff refused to serve any food for two hours yesterday in order to meet with organizers to air their grievances, sources said.

As the kitchen workers met with the “General Assembly’’ last night, about 300 demonstrators stormed from the park to Reade Street and Broadway, where they violently clashed with cops.

The Assembly announced the three-day menu crackdown announced earlier in the day -- insisting everybody would be fed something during that period.

Some protesters threatened that the high-end meals could be cut off completely if the vagrants and criminals don’t disperse.

Unhappiness with their unwelcome guests was apparent throughout the day.

“We need to limit the amount of food we’re putting out” to curb the influx of derelicts, said Rafael Moreno, a kitchen volunteer.

A security volunteer added that the cooks felt “overworked and underappreciated.”

Many of those being fed “are professional homeless people. They know what they’re doing,” said the guard at the food-storage area.

Today, a limited menu of sandwiches, chips and some hot food will be doled out -- so legitimate protesters will have a day to make arrangements for more upscale weekend meals.

Protesters got their first taste of the revolt within the revolt yesterday when the kitchen staff served only peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips after their staff meeting.

Organizers took other steps to police the squatters, who they said were lured in from other parks with the promise of free meals.

A team of 10 security volunteers moved in to the trouble-prone southwest section of Zuccotti Park in a show of force to confront them.

“We’re not going to let some members of this community destroy the whole movement,” a volunteer said.

Some arguments broke out as the security team searched tents -- but no violence erupted.

Overall security at the park had deteriorated to the point where many frightened female protesters had abandoned the increasingly out-of-control occupation, security- team members said.

Rumors swirled that one homeless man had pulled a knife in a dispute the night before -- and that there had been yet another case of groping.

But protesters and a cop on duty told The Post that most of the crime goes unreported, because of a bizarre “stop snitching” rule.

“What’s happening in there is staying in there,” said the cop.

- Albert Einstein.

#713563 - 10/28/11 12:45 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Kind of like the Tea Party, huh?

- Albert Einstein.

#713579 - 10/28/11 02:03 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
'Cept the Tea Party is a bunch of douchebags...a true astroturf roots organization run by the elites, and staffed by the fools.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#713582 - 10/28/11 02:12 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Hankster

I told you guys the exact same thing about Obama in 2006.

Still, he was better than the alternative. He kept Sarah Palin out of the VP spot.

#713600 - 10/28/11 09:30 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Todd]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Originally Posted By: Todd
'Cept the Tea Party is a bunch of douchebags...a true astroturf roots organization run by the elites, and staffed by the fools.

Fish on...

Todd

That statement is true of whatever party you want to pick. Proof? When the Dems had total control in DC......what happened? Can you say............

NOTHING!!??

#713603 - 10/28/11 09:50 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ParaLeaks]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Count the filibusters...and there's your reason.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 11 of 22 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 319 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |