Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#730220 - 01/04/12 12:41 AM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
For those without a fully developed beer gasket, one of these devices can be worn inside the wader :

#730223 - 01/04/12 12:48 AM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: Direct-Drive]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Also works well for enhanced mid-section girth, mainly on a temporary basis.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#730232 - 01/04/12 01:06 AM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: ]
Tillanook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oregon
Well, I took the cat out on its maiden voyage yesterday. I knew when I bought it that the chances of taking a taking a dip had gone up dramaticly...just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

We drove up the Trask to the old girl scout bridge, aka Stones Road to launch. The launch is your standard wood slide about 50 ft long. I've used it many times to launch the drift boat and sometimes its kinda sticky. Put the cat on the ramp and discovered it didn't want to slide very easily. Plus the pontoon was just wide enough that one toon wanted to slip off the side of the ramp.

We had the cat on the steep part of the ramp when we decided to turn it sideways, and with less surface area touching the ramp she took off like Clark Griswald on a sledding slope and we couldn't hold it eek. Didn't bother tying a rope to it as we had to push it down the ramp to that point beathead. I had to run down the bank and dive in the water to get a hold of it. Luckily, it was only about 8ft from the bank so it wasn't too difficult to pull back to shore....but I was soaked blush. Luckily had an extra pair of sweats in the rig so I made the drift in semi-comfort.

Edited by Tillanook (01/04/12 01:09 AM)
Edit Reason: thought it needed smileys

#730236 - 01/04/12 01:10 AM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: Tillanook]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Anytime you can work Clark Griswold into a thread, it deserves 5 stars.

Glad you got your boat back. Close one.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#730245 - 01/04/12 01:32 AM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: ColeyG]
Hot magic Offline
Smolt

Loc: West Seattle
Golden rule, no snowcap on the river!

#730267 - 01/04/12 06:39 AM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: ColeyG]
Tillanook Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Anytime you can work Clark Griswold into a thread, it deserves 5 stars.

Glad you got your boat back. Close one.

Ya, thanks. It was real close. I somehow magaged to roll my ankle badly when I jumped off the rocks...the situation went from bad to worse after I made it back to shore and realized what had happened. Not having an dry socks to wear helped keep the swelling down though grin

Edited by Tillanook (01/04/12 06:40 AM)
Edit Reason: [Bleeeeep!] spellar

#730412 - 01/04/12 05:35 PM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: Tillanook]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
That sucks dude glad you came out of it all right. You didnt go below last chance by any chance?

#730421 - 01/04/12 05:44 PM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: Satan]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
Totally reminds me of the last time I came up to fish with Twitch and Sykofish. Well,Syko and I decided to fish one of the most cluster$%#@!! rivers in oregon,and we are putting in at this big long boat slide,much steeper than stones,and these hotshots are trying to water hog us so Rusty says F this lets launch and tie up down river I dont want to be anywhere near these fools.

Sure enough we are anchored off to the side and we hear bang!! whoosh!!! Splash!!! there goes the boat and dude running into the water after it. Haha we didnt see them for 3 hours(little embarassed?).
It was some funny assed chit. Different scenario then yours was,these dudes had a frayed rope and not enough of it,were in a hurry to get 1st water,and.......

wait for it.....

....they were from Ifish rofl

#730473 - 01/04/12 07:51 PM Re: Falling in river with chest waders? [Re: Satan]
Tillanook Offline
Returning Adult

Won't be going below last chance for awhile...need to work a few things out yet...looks like fun though.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |