THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#783599 - 09/06/12 04:54 PM Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way..
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Not that any in the echo chamber will be convinced, but it sure seems like their central arguement -- on their central theme of the campaign -- is false.

Ooops.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...nts-top-republ/

#783602 - 09/06/12 05:11 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: IrishRogue]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-09-06/clinton-fact-check-democratic-convention/57627036/1?csp=34news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-NewsTopStories+%28News+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

USA Today looks at the facts and stretches in his speech...they find no lies, and few stretches, and confirm all the important numbers Clinton used last night, especially the big job numbers over the decades coming under Democratic Presidents, and with the Republicans costing us over 1,000,000 jobs over the past couple of years.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#783605 - 09/06/12 05:14 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Also, August job numbers came out better than expected.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-economy-jobs-020120906,0,1643009.story

Republicans are treading on dangerous grounds claiming that Obama is bad for jobs, that Democrats are bad for jobs, and that Republicans are good for jobs...three claims that are untrue, and also the main basis of their argument for why Romney should be President.

Fish on...

Todd

#783615 - 09/06/12 07:10 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Todd]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Uh Oh, there you guys go using logic and facts to make your point, now your going to really confuse all those Tpubs!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#783616 - 09/06/12 07:18 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
If Bill would jump into the race, I would vote for him waaayyy before Pres. Obama because Pres. Clinton had an economic plan, Pres. Obama has no plan, not even a sketch on a cocktail napkin.

#783617 - 09/06/12 07:19 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
fox needs to look at this but facts don't mean anything to them

#783636 - 09/06/12 08:13 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
But they are significantly better than what the previous guy did in over twice as much time, right? That wouldn't be an issue if everyone would agree that the last guy did a bad job but the crazy part is a bunch of RWWJ would still vote Bush>Obama AND be talking about jobs and the economy while they did it.

Now, hide yer guns... I heard he's a comin'. He's just waiting until the second term to spring it on us. That is IF he doesn't cancel the election first and use DSHS to put us all into concentration camps.

Right?

These Muslims are [Bleeeeep!] tricky I tell ya!

#783644 - 09/06/12 08:26 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: DBAppraiser]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
If Bill would jump into the race, I would vote for him waaayyy before Pres. Obama because Pres. Clinton had an economic plan, Pres. Obama has no plan, not even a sketch on a cocktail napkin.

Has Romney proposed one yet,cause I just hear rhetoric.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#783649 - 09/06/12 08:39 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser

Has Romney proposed one yet,cause I just hear rhetoric.

Fishy

To my knowledge Romney hasn't and I haven't said I would vote for Romney either. Still waiting on an Obama budget too. Also waiting for the Obama jobs council to convene too.

The real question is this and Vegas should make it a prop bet: Which will be lower if Obama wins a second term: His golf handicap or the unemployment rate. When Jay Carney was asked not too long ago why the council had not had a meeting in the last six months his response was " the President has had a lot on his plate".

Also from Politifact and deemed True:

"The RNC said that over the last six months, Obama has golfed 10 times and held 106 fundraisers even as his jobs council didn’t meet once. The RNC’s tally is on target. We rate the statement True."

#783651 - 09/06/12 08:47 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: IrishRogue]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: IrishRogue
Not that any in the echo chamber will be convinced, but it sure seems like their central arguement -- on their central theme of the campaign -- is false.

Ooops.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...nts-top-republ/

Bill's facts and figures have been proven to be true. There is just one big problem with them: We aren't going to get to vote for LBJ, or JFK, or Bill Clinton. We get to choose between Romney and President Obama and you cannot tell me that in private moments Bill Clinton doesn't disagree with the President on most economic issues.

#783660 - 09/06/12 09:14 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: DBAppraiser]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
All the data shows is that jobs fall into buckets of years with certain presidents sitting. Meaningless w/o correlation to cause. If so called educated people are this guliable it's no surprise why we are in the mess we are in . One side says Romney eats babies and the other says Obama fuks the dog and sells the pups while the mess gets bigger.

AM is the only one here that has said anything of value and truth. Obama has failed in his oath to up hold the constitution. Let's talk about that it means something.

She is the only one that voted for the opposite side who is consistent in her criticism of Bush and Obama for that violation of oath. Congrats for that AM it is important.

#783665 - 09/06/12 09:42 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The defense of either side is baffling to me.

I just can't figure how you can get bent over by both parties, but choose to defend one of them. It's political A2M.

I'm about a month away from deciding who I'm going to vote for. I need to do some figuring first, and weigh my options.

I haven't listened to either of the party puppets because you can't believe a thing that comes out of their holes............not one f'n word. I listened before and it was all bullsh!t, so I'm not going to waste my time pretending it will be different this time.

It won't.

So I'll find someone to vote for who isn't a piece of sh!t. I'm just not going to be a party to the RvD thing any more because there is only a subtle difference.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#783669 - 09/06/12 10:01 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Dan S.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Voting for Ron Paul is the same as voting for Mork from Ork, and has as much effect.

I don't find it to be particularly savvy to note that politicians tend to be owned part and parcel by big business and to vote for one, then vote them out, then vote for another, then vote them out...you had to vote for them in the first place (when they were already owned part and parcel), and somehow you think you're smart by voting them out and voting in someone else that you'll accuse of the same thing four years later.

Fish on...

Todd

#783671 - 09/06/12 10:03 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

P.S. Voting for Ron Paul has one effect that is better than voting for Ron Paul...if you don't vote at all, then you need to shutthefuckup and not say one word...not one at all...about anything that happens in the political world.

If you vote for Ron Paul you have, to my mind, at least (only) preserved your right to bitchh.

#783675 - 09/06/12 10:11 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I don't find it particularly savvy to do the same thing you've always done and expect different results.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#783676 - 09/06/12 10:16 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Dan S.]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
The defense of either side is baffling to me.

I just can't figure how you can get bent over by both parties, but choose to defend one of them. It's political A2M.

I'm about a month away from deciding who I'm going to vote for. I need to do some figuring first, and weigh my options.

I haven't listened to either of the party puppets because you can't believe a thing that comes out of their holes............not one f'n word. I listened before and it was all bullsh!t, so I'm not going to waste my time pretending it will be different this time.

It won't.

So I'll find someone to vote for who isn't a piece of sh!t. I'm just not going to be a party to the RvD thing any more because there is only a subtle difference.

Dan S for president.

Rusty Bell

#783679 - 09/06/12 10:21 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Torturing people, the spying on and killing of Americans without due process is bad enough.

Ya'll did your share of Bush bashing when he did those things, but nary a word when Obama does it.

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D from the "What would you ask Obama in a live chat" thread
I'd go with Salmo G's question and also add on a part about not only his continuation of Bush's illegal spying on U.S. citizens but the drastic EXPANSION of that and similar programs.

#783680 - 09/06/12 10:21 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Dan S.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I don't find it particularly savvy to do the same thing you've always done and expect different results.

And voting for Mork this time, just like you did last time, is different how?

Fish on...

Todd

#783681 - 09/06/12 10:22 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Dan S.]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
There is zero difference in throwing a vote away and sitting out of the process in protest. Both are equally valid under the const. And by any measure there were zero options in 2008 and there are zero options in 2010 . The Egyptians and lybians have bigger sacks than we do the only bigger cowards in the world than Americans are the Chinese.

#783691 - 09/06/12 10:52 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
27 months of private sector job growth = 332,000 jobs.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 957 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |