THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#784643 - 09/10/12 01:59 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
And the conservatives are better at budgeting!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#784707 - 09/10/12 05:13 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Comparing Democratic and Republican tax plans

The Republicans' plan to extend the Bush administration tax cuts for the wealthy would cost $36.6 billion more than the Democrats' plan, which extends cuts only for families making less than $250,000 a year and individuals making less than $200,000.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2010/08/11/GR2010081106717.html

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#784746 - 09/10/12 07:51 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Wow... Not hard to see where the revenue gets lost under the Republican plan. Clearly, job creation is an expensive endeavor!

#784779 - 09/10/12 10:19 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

What we need is a comprehensive approach that curtails spending while spreading the tax burden equitably, ensuring that all citizens prosper.

Looking at historical facts show that corporations and the wealthy have paid more in taxes during particularly prosperous times.

If people do not have the money they cannot demand more products and services.

Fishy

#784808 - 09/10/12 11:28 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf

Looking at historical facts show that corporations and the wealthy have paid more in taxes during particularly prosperous times.

Are you saying these are particularly prosperous times?

No, re-read the article and my comments.

Fishy

#784812 - 09/10/12 11:30 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Quote:
What we need is a comprehensive approach that curtails spending while spreading the tax burden equitably, ensuring that all citizens prosper.

Then maybe the dems should have worked on that when they had the chance, instead of passing Obamacare which will make the economy even worse.

Please, like the Dems stood around and looked at ways to make our economy worse, ask other people about the healthcare Obama legislated and you'll get many positive responses.

Fishy

#784827 - 09/11/12 12:06 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:

Then maybe the dems should have worked on that when they had the chance, instead of passing Obamacare which will make the economy even worse.

Is that the offical ding bat position?

#784828 - 09/11/12 12:07 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
"What we need is a comprehensive approach that curtails spending while spreading the tax burden equitably, ensuring that all citizens prosper. "

Totally agree. So, how we gonna get the 50% of the population that pays no taxes to buck up?

#784849 - 09/11/12 01:11 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: DBAppraiser]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
"What we need is a comprehensive approach that curtails spending while spreading the tax burden equitably, ensuring that all citizens prosper. "

Totally agree. So, how we gonna get the 50% of the population that pays no taxes to buck up?

Increase their wages retroactively from the mid seventies when wages stagnated and have not kept up with the rate of inflation and the 1% has reaped unconscionable increases to their bottom lines.

See graph at left! wink

Fishy

Edited by Somethingsmellsf (09/11/12 01:12 AM)

#784855 - 09/11/12 01:30 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Increase their wages retroactively from the mid seventies when wages stagnated and have not kept up with the rate of inflation and the 1% has reaped unconscionable increases to their bottom lines.

See graph at left! wink

Fishy

Do you know why it hasnt kept up with inflation?

Do you know what causes inflation?

#784885 - 09/11/12 08:38 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett

Fishy

My thoughts exactly, when the lower 50% pay less than 2.5% of the federal tax burden, it's time to make some changes.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#784910 - 09/11/12 11:10 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia

Fishy

My thoughts exactly, when the lower 50% pay less than 2.5% of the federal tax burden, it's time to make some changes.

What changes would that be JG?

Fishy

#784914 - 09/11/12 11:22 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Fast and Furious]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

See graph at left! wink

Fishy

Do you know why it hasnt kept up with inflation?

Do you know what causes inflation?

Two examples of why you get such pointed responses, please don't act like your the only one that understands these things!

Fishy

#784925 - 09/11/12 11:54 AM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13

Fishy

I have always been a very firm believer that people make better choices and are more responsible when they have even just a little "skin in the game".

#784958 - 09/11/12 01:03 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett

Fishy

What changes would that be JG?

Fishy

Everyone should contribute some federal income tax.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#784982 - 09/11/12 01:51 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Do the so-called 50% that pay no federal income tax have any taxable income? Kinda' hard to tax income if ya' don't have any.

#784994 - 09/11/12 02:28 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The beneficial part is that JG would stop sniveling.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#785002 - 09/11/12 02:43 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: Dan S.]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Aah the pain of it all. The O guy is an abject failure. There are still
some rich folks. Another 4 year will fix that. Misery loves company.
A cliche from the USSR.

#785012 - 09/11/12 03:02 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: DBAppraiser]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Fishy

I have always been a very firm believer that people make better choices and are more responsible when they have even just a little "skin in the game".

So you don't think the person struggling to pay for rent,food,healthcare and education doesn't already have skin in the game?

Under your direction even if they get some type of public assistance they should pay? So we would be paying ourselves back instead of looking for ways to give them a hand up so that they can contribute.

I guess I don't see any logic there what so ever.

Fishy

#785040 - 09/11/12 03:53 PM Re: Job Creation: Pesky facts getting in the way.. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Unless there is political pressure and some sort of financial incentive to bring jobs back that we've lost over the last couple of decades, we'll continue to support more and more poor.

They don't need more welfare and they don't need to contribute a pittance in taxes. They need to pay LOTS of taxes and that won't happen without decent jobs.

The dialog needs to take place, but it won't be taking place with Obama at the head of the table. It isn't just Republicans that won't work with him. Business won't either. With Romney, we have a better shot at getting big business to help out because even they will realize, if we can't afford their consumer goods, they won't see profits.

There is already movement in manufacturing jobs being brought back.
Your right we don't need people to pay a pittance in taxes we need people to pay lots of taxes. If people do not have money they cannot demand the goods and services that create JOBS, that is what creates jobs. Not tax cuts for corporations that are already making record profits.

Romney has a record of not creating jobs but personal income and leaving the tax payer with the bill so I don't see where he will be any different at getting big business to "help out".

Fishy

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 1 invisible), 1184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |