THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#866243 - 11/01/13 12:41 PM WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!!
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Wanted to let everyone know that High bridge boat launch on the Snoqualmie was a living nightmare for me yesterday. I walked back up the ramp to grab my truck ('04 blue Tundra double cab) and trailer just to find the spot where I was parked occupied by another vehicle and trailer. My first thought was alright real funny but then the punch to the gut feeling set in...stolen. Not only did they get my means of transportation AND my wife's work truck but now I didn't have a trailer to put my boat back on. Luckily my Boss (Grant Wooldridge) left his family party to head to the shop and grab me another one. After it was all said and done, I got out of the launch area quite a good deal after dark.

So keep on the lookout for suspicious people at the High Bridge Boat launch... or pay the money for Doug Bar.

Danny

#866245 - 11/01/13 12:42 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: cobble cruiser]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
That's two this week, Danny...there's another thread on here about a guy who got his truck/trailer taken from the Sultan launch parking lot.

This schit has got to stop.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#866250 - 11/01/13 12:58 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Todd]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Damn. And you had a sled so no stashed keys.

So sorry man.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#866253 - 11/01/13 01:10 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Jason Beezuz]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Danny,
Sorry to hear this. That is a real bummer. I glad you were able to get the boat out.
I hope you and Meadow get the rig and trailer back soon.
Theives suck!
SF

#866255 - 11/01/13 01:17 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: stonefish]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
No Friggen way! I think it's right time to round up a posse and do some stake out's. Two fishermans rigs in a week... lame lame lame lame

#866257 - 11/01/13 01:23 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Sky-Guy]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Damn !
Sorry to hear this.

Hope those thieves get what's coming real soon.

#866266 - 11/01/13 02:44 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Direct-Drive]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Sorry to hear about this Danny.

I have busted (interrupted) people breaking into vehicles there.

I came into the parking lot one day with my boat about mid day and was met by a truck that was sideways and spinning its tires trying to get by me and out of the parking lot. I checked the trucks in the lot and found several had been messed with. I went to the police station and reported it...I got one of the lack luster responses...."fill out the form and give it back to me". But a detective heard me give a description of the truck, plus I had found a piece of cardboard box with an address on it, so he came over. Turned out the truck had been reported stolen and used to commit other crimes. I didn't trust this and had the address from the box so I went to the house, turned out it was true, the owner had nothing to do with the crime.

The police didn't seem all that interested and said the truck wouldn't be found, nor would the person that stole it. I put all the info on several fishing forums and eventually found the truck, it had been abandoned near Douglas Bar. When I called the police they were shocked it took me only a couple of days to find the truck, they had already stopped looking for it. After that I doubt they did anything more than contact the owner.

Parking at High bridge launch.
Don't park over near the launch, and never by the trees and bushes on the opposite side from the river. Park in the grass near the main road, or near the sign where your truck can easily be seen.

At the Sultan launch.
Never park near the highway (this area is marked by all the broken window glass) park in the middle of the lot, or near the park itself.

#866271 - 11/01/13 03:20 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: ondarvr]
ShamWow Offline
Alevin

Loc: Monroe
Man what a bad feeling it must have been when you realized what had happened !! Sorry for your loss , guess you'll be going shopping this weekend for a new truck. I'll baby sit the fish for you this weekend !!

#866279 - 11/01/13 03:56 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: ShamWow]
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I definitely feel your pain. Hopefully they find it and its not too trashed.

The Deputy I talked said the meth heads have little use for the vehicle itself so they usually turn up pretty quickly. Its just a matter of how badly damaged it is when they find it.

I asked him if they were going to dust for finger prints or anything, because you know it was one of the usual suspects that inhabit that area. He said they don't really do stuff like that unless its a murder.

He also said other than trying to recover the truck, they really don't put much effort into finding the crooks. Nothing really happens to them these days when they are caught so its not really worth it.

#866282 - 11/01/13 04:14 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: BossMan]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
Man, I know a lot of fisherman who have firearms on them when fishing, these people better be careful who's truck they steal. They could get the old duck shotgun...or a handgun.

Edited by jgreen (11/01/13 04:23 PM)

#866287 - 11/01/13 04:36 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: cobble cruiser]
Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
That sucks. Just ridiculous. Maybe it's time to get one of these for parking at the launch:

That might be a little over the top though.

#866290 - 11/01/13 04:43 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Swifty27]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
WOW, two in one week.That's just fuked up chit.Sorry to hear this CC.Good luck,
SZ

#866291 - 11/01/13 04:43 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
This is too Coincidental with the other rig that was just plucked from the Sultan launch, I bet it's the same guy/team.

#866293 - 11/01/13 04:48 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Sky-Guy]
_Nate_
Unregistered

Alexander's Metals Inc
CONTACT
1127 E Main St
Sultan, WA 98294
(360) 863-6184

Automobile Salvage, Used & Rebuilt Auto Parts

both of you guys call that place imeadiately, and ask if anyone has brought in any Cats or down pipes or wastegates, or whatnot in the last 2 days... there should be numbers on parts that will identify and match with your vehicles VIN code...

also, some scrap yards are shady, and will buy from tweakers, YOU need to start this ball rolling, because the police wont... scrap yards get busted all the time buying metals and such from people that arent or shouldnt supposed to be selling them....

sorry you had to deal with this...

#866309 - 11/01/13 06:58 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

you ever thought about a job in law enforcement or as a Private Investigator?

...just throwing out ideas here

#866313 - 11/01/13 07:21 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: ]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
Can't a guy just go fishing anymore? Totally lame, sorry to hear about this Danny frown

#866316 - 11/01/13 07:21 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: ]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
[Bleeeeep!]!!! Sorry to hear about your truck CC. . . . .. .

I agree, time for a sting op at the launches . . . Who is bringing the cinder blocks and chain??

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#866339 - 11/01/13 09:00 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: ]
SRoffe Offline
Spawner

Man Danny. That's rough. Really sorry to hear that.

#866343 - 11/01/13 09:28 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: SRoffe]
Salman Offline
Spawner

2 boats in a week? Is that unheard of or what? Maybe the cops will catch the perp before there's a third. Someone could get seriously hurt if this keeps happening.

#866359 - 11/01/13 10:27 PM Re: WARNING...High Bridge Boat Launch!!! [Re: Salman]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Man what a bad deal

Think I will be installing a hidden kill switch in my vehicle

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1099 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645295 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |