THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#644652 - 12/15/10 11:48 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months *** [Re: Brewer]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I wonder, is it legal under current game regulations to shoot a bigfoot? It seems like the state should issue bigfoot tags at $1,000 each. That might raise a bit of revenue and I doubt it would hurt any bigfoots

#644664 - 12/15/10 12:18 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I think it'd be legal today if you first announced "it's coming right for us".

#644673 - 12/15/10 12:44 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
I have it on good authority that Bigfoot attempted to buy yellowcake uranium from the Nigerians.

#644676 - 12/15/10 12:50 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: StinkingWaters]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I think the reason we never find any bodies is they are made out of air.

And when they eat that beef jerky that's where tornados come from.....BF farts.

#644681 - 12/15/10 12:59 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: stlhead]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

It's still illegal to shoot a Bigfoot or Sasquatch in Skamania County!

#644700 - 12/15/10 02:01 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Salmo g.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Yes, it certainly is...

ORDINANCE NO. 1984-2
PARTIALLY REPEALING AND AMENDING ORDINANCE NO. 1969-01

WHEREAS, evidence continues to accumulate indicating the Possible existence within Skamania County a nocturnal primate mammal Variously described as an ape-like creature or sub-species of Homo Sapiens; and

WHEREAS, legend, purported recent findings, and spoor support This possibility; and

WHEREAS, this creature is generally and commonly known as “Sasquatch”, “Yeti”, “Bigfoot”, or “Giant Hairy Ape”, all of which terms may be hereinafter be used interchangeably; and

WHEREAS, publicity attendant upon such real or imagined findings And other evidence have resulted in an influx of scientific investigators as well as casual hunters, most of which are armed with lethal weapons; and

WHEREAS, the absence of specific national and state laws restricting the taking of specimens has created a dangerous state of affairs within this county in regard to firearms and other deadly devices used to hunt the Yeti and poses a clear and present danger to the safty of the well-being persons living or traveling within the boundries of this county as well as to the Giant Hairy Apes themselves; and

WHEREAS, previous County Ordinance No. 1969-01 deemed the slaying of such creature to be a felony (punishable by 5 years in prison) and may have exceeded the jurisdictional authority of that Board of County Commissioners; now, therefore

BE IT HEREBY ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF SKAMANIA COUNTY that a portion of Ordinance No. 1969-1, deeming the slaying of Bigfoot to be a felony punishable by 5 years in prison, is hereby repealed and in its stead the following sections are enacted:

SECTION 1. Sasquatch Refuge. The Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot, or Giant Hairy Ape are declared to be endangered species of Skamania County and there is hereby created a Sasquatch Refuge, the boundaries of which shall be co-extensive with the boundaries of Skamania County.

SECTION 2. Crime-Penalty. From and after the passage of this ordinance the premeditated, willful, or wanton slaying of Sasquatch shall be unlawful and shall be punishable as follows:
(a) If the actor is found to be guilty of such a crime with malice aforethought, such act shall be deemed a Gross Misdemeanor.
(b) If the act is found to be premeditated and willful or wanton but without malice aforethought, such act shall be deemed a Misdemeanor.
(c) A gross misdemeanor slaying of Sasquatch shall be punishable by 1 year in the county jail and a $1,000.00 fine, or both.
(d) The slaying of Sasquatch which is deemed a misdemeanor shall be punishable by a $500.00 fine and up to 6 months in the county jail, or both.

SECTION 3. Defense. In the prosecution and trail of any accused Sasquatch killer the fact that the actor is suffering from insane delusions, diminished capacity, or that the act was the product of a diseased mind, shall not be a defense.

SECTION 4. Humaniod/Anthropoid. Should the Skamania County Coroner determine any victim/creature to have been humanoid the Prosecuting Attorney shall persue the case under existing laws pertaining to homicide. Should the coroner determine the victim to be an anthropoid (ape-like creature) the Prosecuting Attorney shall proceed under the terms of this ordinance.

BE IT FUTHER ORDAINED that the situation existing constitutes an emergency and such this ordinance shall become effective immediately upon its’ passage.

REVIEWED this 2nd day of April, 1984, and set for a public hearing on the 16th day of April, 1984, at 10:30 o’clock A.M.

Note: Became law on April 16th 1984.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#644716 - 12/15/10 02:49 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I bet those hairy beasts have good lawyers.

#644729 - 12/15/10 03:04 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: stlhead]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Freakin Skamanians. They ruin everything.

First they co-mingled their hatchery drones with our wild steelhead and now this!

#644775 - 12/15/10 06:51 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Rocket Red]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Lil food for thought regarding the film that started the Bigfoot religion.

http://www.bigfootmustdie.com/patterson-bigfoot-film-fake.html

#644776 - 12/15/10 06:57 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Rocket Red]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
still a guy could drop a BF, put a toe tag on it and pack that 600lb beast out. take the fine and do your time in the one celled skamania jail. (don't ask how i know this) then get out and go on every talk show and make bank. then i'd have the BF mounted. sporting a big log or wood. or hold a bag of jerky. how funny would that be?

#644787 - 12/15/10 07:32 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Salmonella]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Salmonella
Lil food for thought regarding the film that started the Bigfoot religion.

http://www.bigfootmustdie.com/patterson-bigfoot-film-fake.html

I always viewed the Patterson footage with a skeptical eye. Never really thought much of it. That is until I watched a documentary on Discovery or History Channel where high resolution analysis was done on the film. It shows musles actually rippling in the legs, shoulders, and arms while whatever was walking, was walking. Also showed quite clearly that whatever it was possibly could have been female by the distinct breast shapes when it turned around.

I'm not about to claim to footage is genuine but the site you gave the link to seems a little below grade at best. Just take a look at the still photograph of the film on the mainpage.

If it was a guy in a monkey suit,....... he either had some massive calf muscles or Patterson and his buddy where able to construct one of the most elaborate costumes of their time.

No idea if the film has any merit whatsoever. Although I'm not arrogant enough to go shouting from the moutain tops that something is impossible. History has a way of consistently proving characters like that wrong.

Edited by StinkingWaters (12/15/10 07:33 PM)

#644800 - 12/15/10 08:18 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: StinkingWaters]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Dang near 24 hours and no Rich? You finally coming down or what?

Keith

#645134 - 12/16/10 11:09 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: stlhdr1]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
grin it just does not get better than an update from THE bigfoot expert

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#645197 - 12/17/10 12:28 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Mikespike]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey

I'm just hoping that he doesn't show up and demand a royalty on all the Bigfoot memorabilia I'm selling at my shop on the North Toutle at Maple Flats.

#645262 - 12/17/10 10:07 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: StinkingWaters]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: StinkingWaters

I always viewed the Patterson footage with a skeptical eye. Never really thought much of it. That is until I watched a documentary on Discovery or History Channel where high resolution analysis was done on the film. It shows musles actually rippling in the legs, shoulders, and arms while whatever was walking, was walking. Also showed quite clearly that whatever it was possibly could have been female by the distinct breast shapes when it turned around.

I'm not about to claim to footage is genuine but the site you gave the link to seems a little below grade at best. Just take a look at the still photograph of the film on the mainpage.

If it was a guy in a monkey suit,....... he either had some massive calf muscles or Patterson and his buddy where able to construct one of the most elaborate costumes of their time.

No idea if the film has any merit whatsoever. Although I'm not arrogant enough to go shouting from the moutain tops that something is impossible. History has a way of consistently proving characters like that wrong.

good points.... me too, on the Patterson film. I saw a doc that had some F/X experts talking about suit technology now vs the 60s and that there was no stretch fabric around that could have hugged muscles rippling under the surface like in the film. THey also had a scientist who had the original film that Patterson's widow had kept locked away. He analyzed it frame by frame from the ORIGINAL as others had used copies, which can be pretty blurry from old 8MM stock. He analyzed the limb ratios and the conclusions were interesting. The limb ratio of the subject in the film was outside anything close to human limb ratio, so either Roger Patterson was a genius who invented a stretch hair fabric 40 years before anyone knew of the technology and hired a 7'4" 500 pound bodybuilder with 30" calf muscles and freakish, .001% rare limb ratios to wear the suit, AND he had the amazing foresight to really confound science for 40 years by adding a set of pendulous, sucked-out Sasquatch mudflap t!tties to the suit......OR.....he shot a real creature with his camera. THe big problem is the walking. Everyone can walk, and that is all it did. Walk. IF it had run down a bull elk, wrestled it to the ground and broke it's neck with a blow and carried it away over it's shoulder...that would have raised some eyebrows.

The footprints always made me laugh too.....until I saw the Meldrum and Chilcutt analysis. Mid tarsal breaks? Dermal ridges? tough to fake those convincingly and fool a scientist and CGI forensics expert. Interesting stuff.

I'd love it if it is a real being pooping in the woods. A nice eye-poke to human arrogance. I doubt everyone of the thousands of eyewitnesses is lying.....they have too much to lose, and many have been cops! Just look at the abuse Rich has endured is this very thread!

Someday something irrefutable will come out if it is a flesh and blood beast, but to convince everyone nothing less than a body is required. The Hawks need one in their offensive line....sign up The Foot! smile

Edited by Mingo (12/17/10 09:45 PM)

#645273 - 12/17/10 11:08 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Mingo]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

rofl

Nice,.... can we replace Locklear with a real-life Squatch?

I bet he wouldn't hold and jump offsides as much thumbs

All great points on the film. I'm sure we watched the same doc.

#645337 - 12/17/10 02:09 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: StinkingWaters]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i'm really hoping rich provides some sustanial proof that will make the world news. cause if rich provides proof it should deserve to be news.

oh and mike spike that was in poor taste to post the touretts guy thing.

#645468 - 12/17/10 07:26 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Brewer]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
I just got an idea for a movie. I think I'll call it "Beast Mode".

Sort of a "Harry and the Hendersons" meets "The Blindside". Oh, it will be a bad movie, but it will make a ton of money.

Coming to a Theater near you "Beast Mode". Big feet, and a big heart. You won't be this satisfied with a movie, since the last time you saw a movie.

#645471 - 12/17/10 07:35 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Rocket Red]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
brewer - You can't be suggesting that someone would post a vid in poor taste on the Darkside, are you?

#645621 - 12/18/10 12:11 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I really could care less about the ridicule people give me or their arrogance for that matter.

Just remember that I told you so.

Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1318 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |