THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#817604 - 01/24/13 03:46 PM redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! ****
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Okay since this new guy named 'balls' is giving rh a run for his money in the race for the village cap. And these guys are the biggest attention whores on this site, I had an idea: Why not have a fishing competition between these two?

So, from this point on, each of you has 10 days, that is 2 weekends, just in case one of you has a job which I don't think either of you do, to catch some fish and take some pics for this thread.

You have to post your catches here, its gotta be something worth looking at. A char might qualify if it isn't 12" long. The natives need to be touching water to jive with Sparky's Law just in case you pull it off. A native steelhead has an adipose fin and a square tail; you can Google that or check out Washingtonlakes for expert analysis.

***Pics must show a fish in the picture with a middle finger extended somewhere to prove it was meant for this competition and not taken at a different time***

If you can't figure out how to post pics somebody might help you.

We will all judge the winner. Any foul play funny business will result in instant loser status (with regard to this event) and the other person wins by default.

In summary, you have both been involuntarily entered in the fishing event of your lives now get off the couch, out of the trailer, buy some bait, and start huckin' it into a body of water. Time prove you good for something besides punching keys.

Good luck 'balls' and rh, let the games begin.

***And don't forget that middle finger in the pic. That is the f'you to all of us doubters/haters proving your good for something fishing related***

***Seat belts must be worn while being driven to fishing locations by your gf, or mother, or sister, or gf/sister et cetera***

***All rules are subject to change in order to protect the virtuousness of this blessed event***

Edited by Jason Beezy (01/24/13 04:35 PM)

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#817607 - 01/24/13 04:02 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Roy Otis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

That is some funny chit!

#817609 - 01/24/13 04:06 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I was hoping for something along the lines of celebrity deathmatch, but this will do.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#817612 - 01/24/13 04:15 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Any sort of warm water species for that matter.

just make sure RH wears his seat belt when his GF is driving him around....

Also, "instant loser status" wouldn't that be considered redundant for both parties involved?

Edited by big moby (01/24/13 04:20 PM)

#817613 - 01/24/13 04:21 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: big moby

Also, "instant loser status" wouldn't that be considered redundant for both parties involved?

Originally Posted By: Reefer
Please don't encourage redhook to post photos. Thanks.

rofl

#817614 - 01/24/13 04:24 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
Equinox Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The "Rock"

This will accrue some stars !!!

#817615 - 01/24/13 04:24 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
This could be a 5 star....................Not.Good luck,
SZ

#817617 - 01/24/13 04:31 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: big moby]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

I have edited to post to reflect your very valid observations.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#817620 - 01/24/13 04:46 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: big moby]
redhook
Unregistered

Any sort of warm water species for that matter.

wasnt such a loser or didnt know much about fishing when i showed you how easy it was to paint a god damn spoon was i Lil Moby? what was your response about that again? oh wait, i remember....

crickets....

Beezy, you put me at a severe disadvantage, do you understand where each of us lives? i live in basically Graham, he lives in Castle Rock... all rivers in my area are closed, while he lives minutes from the river, like i said ive got 1 car, and Katie takes it each day to go to school way the hell up north... she gets home at 3 Mon, Tues, Weds, Friday, and 8pm on Thurs...

minimum i have to drive is 1 hour, to a place ive never fished, never set foot on, dont know river flow levels and what they system looks like during those time frames, dont know closure points, dont even know how to get to as of now...

if my dad was here right now, and saw this, he would be gleaming with a smile right now... his words would be "Alright"....

so thats what im sayin, Alright, no problem, OK, sure, fo sho, yep.... atleast if i lose, it wont be anything new, i havent won sh!t here anyways... i like challenges, and this one will probably be easier to figure out than that damn camera...

whatcha say YBD?

#817621 - 01/24/13 04:46 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i'm certain this thread will FAIL.

#817622 - 01/24/13 04:54 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Brewer]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Hey rh, did you really just say that "I" put "you" at a severe disadvantage? Really?

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#817623 - 01/24/13 04:55 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Jason Beezuz]
redhook
Unregistered

yeah, this is your brainchild aint it?

or are you subconsciously typing this?

#817624 - 01/24/13 04:58 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

My point was that I didn't put you in Graham, nor did I make you dependent on your girl, nor did I make you such a flapper.

Do you see how some of us make our lives work for us? Rather than against? It is all a matter of approach.

Anyway, fish on.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#817627 - 01/24/13 05:07 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Redhook,

I chose to ignore your post due to your obvious ignorance about painting lures......... anybody can slap paint on metal, it will look fine......that is until you try to fish it. why don't you cast that a few times in a river then post a pic???

#817635 - 01/24/13 05:51 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

I'm heading to a river for the next four days that has some fish in it. How badly would I regret it if I swung through Graham and gave him a ride?

#817638 - 01/24/13 06:10 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Salmo g.]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Gracious offer...

Attachments
hitcher.jpg

In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#817644 - 01/24/13 06:25 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Salmo g.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I'm heading to a river for the next four days that has some fish in it. How badly would I regret it if I swung through Graham and gave him a ride?

I would have to question your mental health, if that were to happen. :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#817648 - 01/24/13 06:40 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
This thread is worthless without pics.

And it won't be getting any pics either.

But RH just got a new camera...

#817649 - 01/24/13 06:40 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: Salmo g.]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Nice thought Salmo! iffin he declines..or you come to your senses.. give me a call, i'd be happy to fish with you!

as for the thread topic..if those two yahoos can make it out my way, ill hook up the boat and row them down the nooche myself, i can document the day, and will even wear my ref's shirt to keep it fair..

#817654 - 01/24/13 06:56 PM Re: redhook VERSUS yarnballsdeep Fishing Deathmatch! [Re: ]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

no worries hank, got the whistle(old one, the new ones suck) and a healthy amount of flags to stuff in my pockets for calls to be made on the "field"..

What would be the rulings for the boat?
off-sides?
casting out of order?
missed bite?
lost fish?

and then of course the penalties...
must lighten drag on next fish?
must fish barbless or baitless for "x" amount of time?
must pound a beer?

these are all questions that must be answered before the competition

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., wolverine), 1097 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |