OK, this is a post for ideas. As many of you know, I've fished this river for all the fish the river has BUT my favorite is the summer run steelhead.

I go back to the 1st years of the planting returns, 1979. My career choice was teaching, so gave me the perfect timing during the summer months.

Early years was lot's of bait fishing, eggs, shrimp, or prawns. Did the drift boat bit, with bait divers, plugs, or just casting bait. Early 90's started carrying 2 rods.....1 for bait and the other for the "then new" bobber and jigs.

100% of my fishing now.....bobber and jigs.....pretty much have it dialed in.

This year.....June 7 - 13, fishing time 4 a.m. till around 8 a.m., with at least 2 other "early morning fishermen" and as many as 12, there HAVE BEEN NO FISH CAUGHT BY ME OR ANYONE ELSE fishing one of the best areas on the whole river.

June 7....a fish was hooked but got off within 10 seconds.....since then nothing......not a take down on jigs, nothing on tipped jigs, bait, spinners......

Success, even with "guides" and all the many boats that have been fishing the river........NOT GOOD.

I live close enough, that I can drive and take a look off the bridges....sometimes do 3-4 times a day........As of 40 minutes ago, I've not seen a fish.....I cover the "twin bridges, Black Ck., Cross over bridges".....

Season opened about a week later, than when we had a June 1 open....still no fish.!!!!

Any ideas????????????

"I thought growing older, would take longer"