Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I'll probably regret stepping into the middle of this fine bitchfest, but I have a question about football. We all know that Coach Carroll wants to establish a Seahawks running game. And with Carson, Davis, and Penny as running backs, it's worked wonders this season. Naive as I am, we wern't long into yesterday's game when I noticed that when Carson gets repeatedly tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage when attempting a run up the middle, the team can't make first downs. We've heard and read for years that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity. Yet they sent Carson again and again up the middle into the Dallas defensive brick wall. I'm pretty sure that play just doesn't work against Dallas when the Hawks O line cannot create the slightest hole for Carson to run through. Doesn't Carrolll also know about this insanity concept? Or should we email him to let him know? Not very expert students of the game like myself can't help but wonder.

I'm with you,like I said earlier if they would have thrown 7 more passes when the run was getting stuffed we would have probably won.Nobody on Dallas could cover Lockett, he was 10-15 yards or more open every play it seemed.

- Albert Einstein.