no, i didnt go, i blew my knee up when i was about 20 and any hopes of joining the military were thrown out the window...

the Dinar note, clue, was to possibly throw the hint that the page is a Koran page...

the page from the Koran or Quran, however you would like to type it, is from the 1300's, and i purchased it years ago from a friend... ive always found it interesting, and in any case, if i run out of paper, i still have something to light the BBQ with....

the Dinar note was given to us by a very very good family friend, and guy that did a ton of work for my dad... one of the most genuine, and genuinely dangerous dudes you will ever meet....

the "scenario" was, he was a Force Recon Sniper in Kosovo, Bosnia, Jordan (i think) and Iraq in Desert Storm (first war as you noted), he was doing recon and had Saddam in his scope for over 6 hours, during which time Schwarzkopf never gave the go ahead to terminate the target...

Saddam left, and they entered the palace, gaining more intel and whatnot... apparently he grabbed a couple stacks of cash that were there and brought it home... he also has pictures inside the palace of him with some of the weapons that were in there, one of which was a golden AK...

he is the definition of black ops... and as i said, is a seriously genuine, and genuinely dangerous individual...

my dads other good friend and family friend growing up, Butch, was another guy like that... it was fun growing up around him, the stories he had were insane hearing as a kid... he was special ops Ranger, in Vietnam, told stories about jumping out of choppers in the pitch black in the jungle, going in on the target, slitting their throats, and getting out before anyone even knew anything happen...

you know what, that just made me realize something... i sure do miss my dad...