It's all about money.

Once again friends and neighbors, I gotta' suggest calling or emailing your legislators and let 'em know, "Hell no, I won't pay!" Tell 'em not one more cent pissed away on this Chehalis dam project. It won't build itself, and the locals who want it can only have it if they can snooker the Legislature and Congress into fleecing taxpayers for it!

Here's why we don't need a Chehalis River dam:

1. I-5 being closed for 4 or 5 days every 10 years isn't as big a deal economically as we're being told. There are always detour routes available, so our fresh lettuce from CA will still arrive on time at Safeway.

2. Flood victims get a check from FEMA. I don't think they should because that just encourages people to live in the flood plain. But that's the way it is; so be it.

3. The dam would be an environmental and fisheries disaster. Is this really what we want to be known for in the 21st century?

4. It's a waste of tax dollars. The Corps of Engineers has studied a Chehalis dam 4 or 5 different times and always concludes that the benefits are not worth the cost. That is why this current boondoggle effort is not being sponsored by the Corps, who loves to build dams.