9/10/2020

Thought I'd give a short report on the Chehalis below the Satsop. Many know I like to fish Coho jacks, have done so in the Chehalis River for a looooong time.

This year, because of low water conditions, I've been running up-river from the Montesano boat launch. There is a major river change about 1/4 mile up river from the launch, right across from the mill, he main river has cut though, when you get pass the "cut" stay to your right.

Not a lot of change up to the pump houses, just a few trees hung up in the river. If you are running "low water", then conditions change...gravel bars have gotten larger .

Major change is in a area called Tidwells, down river from the Satsop, I've fished this area for 40+ years.....lots of "stuff" got pushed down from the Satsop last winter.....logs where there were no logs and the gravel bar build up "on the North side of the river is major.

I've not been from Fuller Bridge down to Tidwells, so I can't speak to that area but it would be a challenge going down the "skinny water", below Tidwells, at this time....in a jet boat.

Be safe both on the water and personal life.....

Edited by DrifterWA (09/10/20 07:49 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"