Received an Igloo 128 as part of my fishing themed retirement package. It's the perfect cooler...if you're hosting a reception for 100 or more guests and you want to keep the beverages chilled. It's the perfect cooler if your wife doesn't have a hope chest and wants to store a half dozen quilts, some blankets, and a shoebox full of old love letters in it. Otherwise, you have to have a six foot wingspan to reach the handles on either side. It's too big to fit in my 14' Starcraft, and too big to fit in the cab of my truck. It probably seemed like a good idea back in the day when fisherfolks could catch three salmon and fifteen bottomfish apiece. Even then, it would take two guys with the strength of professional weightlifters to carry it from the boat to a truck. With just enough ice in it to keep it cool for a couple days, this ice chest would be a challenge for one person to lift. Wife and I have decided which ever one of us passes first gets the cooler as a casket. It will be a nice upgrade from a black plastic trashbag.

There is such a thing as too large a cooler.