i work hard too oregonian.....
i am a roofing contractor which means not only do i come home extreemely tired but i have one of the top ten most dangerouse jobs in the country......i dont like the fact that there are some who cheat on welfare and noone who works as hard as me does like welfare cheats but there are alot of folks that cannot work that need govt assistance for a period of time. and the number one cause of poverty in this country is getting hurt on the job....and its not because of L and I cheats......you only get an average payment of $50,000 for an amputated hand.......

.......im just saying you sentiment is about 2o years out of date......to buy a 700 square foot cottage anywhere around here is $atleast 2500,000 if it is on a lot not too much bigger than the house...and that would be a lucky find, the average home price now in puget sound is $400,000.... and its not because they are building them so big its because the prices are skyrocketting along with fuel prices and food prices and everything else..........sorry but the ole "i use to walk up hill to school both ways" crap just doesnt cut it anymore.......
the times have changed