"Are you trying to make people think 96% of the Tongass has been clear-cut ?"

read the post again, I'm saying that the Tongass is 16-17 million acres. Only one third of the Tongass has forest lands as the rest of it is glacier, ice, muskeg, scrub forest. The remaining 33% is considered commercial quality timber, half of that is low yield timber (16%) and 4% of the total of the Tongass is old growth.

So why can you clear cut it and not the natives, a clear cut is a clear cut. The best way would be to selective cut it, even though it's harder and less yeilding than the clear cut. You keep saying that the Natives clear cutting methods are bad, however the FS lands are a much larger percentage than the natives, so the FS takes many more trees, but that is not enough for you, you don't like natives cutting those trees, because that means you don't get to cut them.

Before you post again that I don't understand you, the reason I don't agree is that I am 100% certain that the Natives have not dropped every single tree on their reservations. That is just too stupid to even remark to. If you have proof of an entire reservation without 1 single tree standing on it, show me a picture and I'll concede.