Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa:
I went to the WT website and looked at the donors and it looks to me like mostly fly fishing concerns and a couple of kayakers...This kind of fits...Not that there is anything wrong with fly fishing or kayaking but I am getting more and more convinced that the agenda of WT is to eliminate the crowds of sport fishers on "their" rivers so they can paddle their kayaks and fly fish in peace. There is a whole life style their that is fine as long as it doesn't seek to outlaw my lifestyle to enhance theirs. This is where I get the "boutique fishing" idea. One of their sponsors is the Douglas Ranch...great private group of fly fising only lakes in BC for catch and release rainbows..All of that is great and worth supporting but what seems to be happening is that people like WT want to stop the rest of us from enjoying fishing our way so they can be left to their special little boutique streams full of wild fish. Just another opinion on my way to attempt to understand the logic of WT. Do they really care about salmon? I'm not yet sure.
Grandpa, Am I missing something here? I went to WT link to review who their donors are and if memory serves me the following donors also cater to gear fisherman-Gloomis, Amato Publications, Eagle Claw, Columbia Sports Wear, NW Steelheaders, Filson, Redhook, Bushnell, etc... It seems like some information is left out to support a narrow statement. I still don't understand why fly fishing has anything to do with this topic. Let's at least be fair about it.