im not BSing Salmo, even WhiteDog himself has seen a 28 inch Cutthroat come out of the canal... ask him...

it was dead on at 28 laying flat on our porch next to a Stanley tape...

records, i dont care about records... records get broken, and the last thing i cared about when i caught that fish was the record...

you can believe me or not, i really dont care... but like i said, ask WD, it may surprise you...

also, i said im NOT bad with my gear... i have a Lamiglas S Glass from the late 60s early 70s that i use as my Koke rod... everythign i have is always cleaned, and properly taken care of... the point of him doing that, was they are HIS, and i needed to get my own... work for it, pay for it, own it... which i did quite a bit... and, is one of the best lessons he ever taught me...

i fully understand you are a fisheries biologist, and one hell of a fly fisherman, and fisherman in general... but im not a dickweed that lies about what i catch... ever... so now, i basically take pictures of everything i catch... because without them, its pointless... as just like right now is showing....

so, like i said, ill bring the floating line, and run lead eyed flies to get down... might even cast for bass, which is something i dont even fish for either, but have flies that will work most likely... ill report about it when i get back... with pictures, if i do any good...