RD...I was really into hunting coyotes for two decades. Thus all of the old land owner contacts that I have.

Back then all we had was some funky battery operated cassette player that sucked big time when it was windy. Now days they have all kinda remote calls and speakers with a thousand different AID (animall in distress) calls at the touch of your finger. It seems sort unfair. Dang, a wireless to your remote speaker and a robo rabbit pulsing around like the batt powered robo wings the waterfowl guys use? Those poor devils don't stand a chance.

Back then, this time of year was always the best. A canine puppies yelping call or some poor other critter in distress would work. Do not over use a call if it is not showing resullts. Move around, be stealty as you can because the coyotes are not stupid. Look for cows this time of year. Contact the guys who are tending the cows and ask about permission to hunt.

Stay back with your vehicle from the area you want to call int. Now walk into your calling area, preferably on the rimrock of a vast canyon. Once there, sit down and listen for the birds and whatever else is around to settle down and start chirping again.....Then turn on your predator call. If you see them coming, remain still as they will try to wind you. Let them get close. The look in their eyes as they turn from predator to prey can be seen up close as you flick the safety forward on your rifle...Point is....let them get close before you give away you position.