I don't know if I can be decent on this subject.....but I'll try.

I'm not against killing coyotes if there is a real reason to do so. Not an imaginary reason or the age-old "it's not illegal" argument. I'm talking about a situation where there are not opportunities available to teach coyotes to stay away from an area. Old ranchers used to shoot coyotes....with reason. But they did more than that...they hung the carcasses on the fence to warn other coyotes. This proved effective and didn't interfere often with the farmer's regular duties. Rifles then were more tools of the trade back then and were only modestly accurate, so a kill shot was necessary for lasting effect.
Today's nail-drivers could easily teach coyotes all they need to know by piecing an ear or breaking a tail. The non fatal contact could then be "taught" to others, who would then avoid that area. Removing a useful animal, likely feeding young deserves little applause in my book. "Nice shot" is the best you'll get.
So in the interest of being "part of" the animal kingdom, you may choose to leave the carcass when you killed it, so others can see what you've done and hopefully move their litters to safer areas where they will kill hundreds of rodents....instead of none.

This falls under one of those "just because I can, doesn't mean I should" catagories. Kill responsibly.