this isnt anything new around these parts up here YB3/D/whatever, considering the Skok tribe, it very well could be to anger people, alot (not ALL) of them dont give 2 sh!ts about white people... some are very geniune and good people tho....

a couple years back, on the Puyallup (another river that has this go on, matter of fact, it was happening yesterday and the day before), there was a tribal netter low in the river, with a huge, and i mean HUGE hole in his net....when asked why he had that giant hole in his net, his response was "its my way of helping fish out"... i dont know if it infact helps anything due to gill netting, but atleast he has somewhat of a voice in his head telling him something...

the Green/Duwamish is another river that they strip eggs and chuck fish on, the Hoodsport Hatchery fishery is likely another one, but i believe they take the fish elsewhere then dispose of them...

while yes, they will contribute to nutrient dispersion in the landscape, and feed animals such as otters, bears, eagles, herons, hawks, sea gulls, and everything else that eats them, they could also turn them into fertilizer like Lily Miller does with the Alaskan Fish Fertilizer, or, turn it into Fish Meal, and feed it to the smolts that they plan to raise and release in coming seasons...

thats too easy tho...

stripping eggs is the equivalent of killing fish just for a mount, or shooting a 8 point bull just to have its head on the wall... thats not what these animals are on this planet for, and once they get really bad population wise, and i mean real bad, worse than what it is now, it will be too late to do anything about it, it will cost too much, and sh!t will hit the proverbial fan in the eco system...