There is a plethora of data to back it up. The tribal Crab fisheries all report to a set location and are open for a very short duration of time. Our fishery is centered around CRC reporting.... I'd say at a minimum half of the people I see at the ticket counter buying a new licenses are hit with a 10$ fee for "Late reporting" and I bet many many of those didn't return a card at all....

Here's a WDFW statistic for you that was published some years back, over 80% of boats checked at the dock are guilty of at least one violation when crab fishing.

We fish 5 days a week for 3 months continuously, but get pissy when the tribes are out "carpet bombing" and area for a day?

I think the crab fishery and the states leniency with us sportsman is one tree I would not be barking up... Unless you want to see our crab seasons go the way of SHRIMP or HALIBUT.

Leave well enough alone. If you bark to loud somoene may actually listen and look into things and you probably won't like what they find. I'll take my 5 days a week for 3 months plus an ample winter season, thank you very much.

If you want to talk about waterfront property owners you yourself may not be guilty, but I can take you out any day of the week and find half a dozen "secret" pots with slightly submerged buoys, teeny tiny white "stealth" buoys, or clear plastic bottle buoys, they're all over.... spend some time boating the shoreline and tell me I'm off.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/putting-the-pinch-on-illegal-crabbers/

Edited by GodLovesUgly (06/15/17 11:46 PM)
I want to be a fisherman.