Originally Posted By: Bank Bum
Thanks for all the replys. I did get a chance last week, Thursday to talk with 2 different tribal boats, while they were making pulls. out of 3 pots we watched them pull in MA 10, 1 keeper. They told us its been THERE worst year crabbing in most areas ever & that's why there season was extended for a week. Crabbing is looking pretty poor this year for us in the PS. But Iam gonna give it a shot, good luck to you all.

Was hoping the above was not true. Just off the water in area 11 out of Tacoma. 6 pots soaked close to 8 hrs total in 2 spots I have generally done OK. Got 10 decent rock crab, and what concerns me is only 1 Dungeness the whole soak, a sub legal male. No females, no numerous youngsters. Generally lots of those would be present amongst a few keepers per pull. Very little participation, but did hear the same from another area but at least they had some females and smallies. Out again tomorrow in another area to try. Will report back.