Originally Posted By: Carcassman
There really needs to be a wide-ranging discussion on how we manage recreational resources.

I've said it 101 times before on here, but PNW sportsman have it ingrained that a "successful day" means putting something on the table. Can't say I blame that original mentality with what once was super bountiful, quality food sources. Couple that with the mystery and size of the ocean and I can see how it has come to be.

I used to catch 10 brazillion trout a year and ate maybe a dozen total. CnR is pretty much how everyone rolls. It's easy when there are 10 brazillion trout. Out here you are searching for maybe a few bites a day which can provide a bunch of great meals in one fish. I get it. We killed a hatchery fish today deader than dead and it's going on my grill shortly. Even if I hadn't taken that fish, I still would have had a successful day on the water, because I was on the water and just happy to be livin' and fishin' and hangin' in the sun with a good friend. Sometimes the "harvest" is just soul food.

Edited by NickD90 (07/04/17 04:15 PM)