Elijah, I am not personally attacking you. Just do your research before you make statements. I am not a fly fisherman and I like to eat and harvest fish also. But you don't harvest wild fish when they are recovering.I am not well to do but when I went to Yakutat it was quite a few years ago and it was not very expensive. I had frequent flyer miles for the plane ticket. The place where we stayed (Glacier Bear Lodge) was a few hundred dollars each for a a room, food , drift boat and a fishing license. Four days and 3 nights was less than $1000 for each of the 3 or 4 guys in our group. I don't know what the costs are now. Again do you research.
The Skagit steelhead numbers have rebounded enough for a fishery (c/r) but no c/r season yet. All rivers in Washington are now closed to the KILLING of wild steelhead. Maybe the closure will be permanent even if wild numbers rebound. There are plenty of other fish to eat (hatchery salmon for example). If you dispute the wild steelhead numbers I mentioned, then contact the steelhead bio I already gave you the name of. Again, please do you research and reading. Do you have scientific data and numbers to dispute the numbers I gave instead of just saying those numbers are wrong. You sound a little like just another disgruntled angler.