Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#491636 - 02/28/09 12:25 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Brewer]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Brewer
then the final aspect that will always eat brewer's craw is the the guy is English, prolly had bad teeth too.it all just angers me. Englishman, flossed and bonked!!!!

here is a shot of him bragging about it later over a room temp MaCewan's Scotch Ale at the Rose & Douche Pub......

Attachments
smile.jpg

Edited by Mingo (03/01/09 12:03 PM)

#491640 - 02/28/09 12:48 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Salmonella]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
Originally Posted By: Salmonella
Originally Posted By: metalstud72
...the fish swallowed the hook. he's a goner anyways

this fish was most likely 5 + years old, he's a goner anyways...they don't live longer than that.

...as for all of you that are dripping tears of sorrow for the gene pool, give me a f*ckin break, this fish was just lucky that it had never been caught and had the chance to grow into a monster, or just ate alot of food at sea. Look at your children who are overweight, take a look at what you feed them...all fish uncaught with the right food source would grow this large. Just think for every 30lb'er out there, there is most likely a 35lb'er somewhere in Russia or elsewhere.

the man that caugth that fish is a good man and did the right thing.

Would you rather have read an alternate article "game warden finds 32lbs steelhead carcass" or "man fly fishing battles fish of a generation"

if you are going to fish like men, then act like men....be responsible and be thankful for the blessings in your face.

G

Aren't you the guy that was crying over the dead duck photos?
chain

hehe, that was good.

#491658 - 02/28/09 04:27 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Pugnacious Offline
Spawner

Loc: It's funny to me!
Originally Posted By: Jason B
Wow guys. What he did was legal. Be pissed a WDFW not this guy.

Though I will agree, he is a true Salvation Army douchepop.

Come on! Seriously? WDFW is a waning light in the conversation world. It is pretty much closing it doors and there will be no one to show up when you make the call about someone poaching or something else of the likes. We are left to regulate ourselves in this sport and if we say it is ok to harvest one giant then it is ok to harvest all of them. I mean really, it was only one fish and it was legal? How many people harvest their one fish a year? How many people come here to harvest the fish from somewhere other than Washington? If everyone can come here to harvest the native fish, even if it is one a year, the numbers get big quick. The only one that doesn't get big quick is the one that counts the number of fish that get to spawn.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!

#491670 - 02/28/09 06:35 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Barbless_]
Turbulence Offline
Parr

Loc: Great Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted By: Barbless_
Unbe[sensored]lievable. Someone who would post that on the internet with their face uncesensored... makes you really believe that this dipshit really doesn't know any better. Go back to England you old British Fag.

I have to admit Bob, that I am a bit flabbergasted that pictures of a fisherman and his catch were edited from this site because its such a touchy subject, yet this post has remained unscathed. What morals are we REALLY trying to push by letting this type of racial homophobic banter on PP after deleting a picture of a dead fish. If the guy was black and someone called him a NI**ER, would that fly around here too? Just curious. Removing the pics was a very political style move. Bravo. Lets try and keep things consistent eh.

#491672 - 02/28/09 06:45 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Turbulence]
Turbulence Offline
Parr

Loc: Great Pacific Northwest
I dont disagree with those of you who REALLY advocate catch and release, but for those of you who dont practice what you preach, SHUT UP! You know who you are.

#491679 - 02/28/09 07:32 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Turbulence]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Turbulence ... Our site policy, is no dead wild steelhead photos allowed. Sometimes I miss a few, but I try to keep up on it.

Other medium also have the same policy these days, such as the the line of Amato Publications.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#491688 - 02/28/09 08:24 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Bob]
bankwalker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bob
Turbulence ... Our site policy, is no dead wild steelhead photos allowed. Sometimes I miss a few, but I try to keep up on it.

Other medium also have the same policy these days, such as the the line of Amato Publications.

that policy doesnt make much sence when its a legal action. does that for native salmon aswell? just curious cuase i never knew anything about not posting pics of dead native steelhead.

#491690 - 02/28/09 09:10 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: hybridcx]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Are we done? Good comments from everyone. Over 10,000 hits. How much more does this need to go on. I almost regret starting the thread. The damn whiskey drunk hangover was to blame. What was I thinking? I wasn't. Especially the location, thanks Gilly. What I regret the most is that an individual has been threatened, chastised, scrutinized and belittled for something that is perfectly legal. Myself , I don't kill wild fish and have not for over 20+ yrs. that does not make me a saint. Until we have total wild C&R by law this will continue to go on. Let us please all get over it and move on. I will probably get more [censored] now than ever, but I had to get this off my chest. Thanks.

#491703 - 02/28/09 10:15 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: RUNnGUN]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
Here's to another whiskey drunk post smile. My brother got one 30# or very close to it today. Seem to be some very big brutes around this year. Kinda like the silvers..... Now if I could only find some time to fish!

#491711 - 02/28/09 11:12 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Neal M]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Measurements?

Come on, Neal... spill the goods.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#491716 - 02/28/09 11:34 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Bob]
Dan Dan, TN man Offline
Parr

Loc: Great Smoky Mountains, Tenness...
On August 30th, 1988 a Brown Trout was caught on the Clinch River just North of Knoxville, Tn. It weighed 28 lb. 12 oz. and is still the state record.

If I take you there tomorrow...or even within a river mile, you will find people fishing so close together they can literally hit each other with their lures.

I hope this does not happen to the HOH. I don't think the wild fish need anymore pressure.

My 2 cents.

Back to the Interstate, huh Ben Stone? Back to the Interstate.

#491722 - 02/28/09 11:57 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Neal M]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Neal M
Here's to another whiskey drunk post smile. My brother got one 30# or very close to it today. Seem to be some very big brutes around this year. Kinda like the silvers..... Now if I could only find some time to fish!

Very nice!! I hope he got a decent pic or two....

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#491725 - 03/01/09 12:11 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Todd]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Sir Peter sure is making the rounds. He's a star....in his own mind.

http://thebigpull.wordpress.com/
http://thebigpull.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/a-steelhead/#respond

#491727 - 03/01/09 12:18 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: stonefish]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Before this [censored] fiasco's over with there will be enough fishermen fishing to ensure NO fish are poached .

Nice....Way to go man.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#491732 - 03/01/09 12:49 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Magicfly]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
to correct you mf, the brittish dude did not spout off about his catch..... it was others and thier cell phones. then it was spouted off on this board. then other boards and finally onto cnn and saudi news.

#491735 - 03/01/09 01:02 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Brewer]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
You've been drinking again?

Haven't you?

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#491750 - 03/01/09 04:01 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: stonefish]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: stonefish
Sir Peter sure is making the rounds. He's a star....in his own mind.

http://thebigpull.wordpress.com/
http://thebigpull.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/a-steelhead/#respond

Peter's own words in response to the blog:

The darker side of the story is that I killed the fish, something that I have never done in over 15 years of fly fishing in the USA. I certainly catch my fair share of fish but I have never taken a single fish at any time before. As you probably know Washington’s state laws let you to take one wild steelhead a year, there is no limit on size.

I certainly have bittersweet emotions. The elation of hooking a giant fish and beaching it but real trauma and actual stress about killing the fish. I am still upset at that part, believe you me I did not do it lightly. Emotionally I am scarred, I still have knot in my stomach over the whole incident. That has led me to ask myself the question: “ isn’t it time that all wild steelhead be released?. “ After all, if they lived long enough, and evaded seals, net’s and hooks, all those smaller wild steelhead that are killed each week, would stand a good chance of growing up to be a large size too.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#491757 - 03/01/09 10:19 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: eyeFISH]
Sabi Offline
Juvenille at Sea

nice fish peter...way to go!!! Not to worry. Some people aint happy unless they are miserable. You achieved what every fisherman dreams about, but never happens and to boot you did it on a fly rod. WOW!!!! My hats off to you.

Edited by Sabi (03/01/09 10:52 AM)

#491759 - 03/01/09 10:28 AM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: ]
bankwalker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: ChuckS
Originally Posted By: bankwalker
Originally Posted By: Bob

that policy doesnt make much sence when its a legal action. does that for native salmon aswell? just curious cuase i never knew anything about not posting pics of dead native steelhead.

Just because its legal doesnt make it smart.

im not syaing its smart or dumb. it just doesnt make sence at all to make something on the forum no allowed but yet they let the racial comments slide.

if its that way for native steelhead. then it should be for native salmon aswell. equal rights baby cool

this topic is a battle that isnt gonna be won. its on every forum, and there is multiple topics on it. the only solution is closing every single river to keeping natives. close them all down at the end of january.

#491778 - 03/01/09 12:40 PM Re: Fly Rod 30 lbr. Last Night [Re: Turbulence]
Barbless_ Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Oly
Originally Posted By: Turbulence
Originally Posted By: Barbless_
Unbe[sensored]lievable. Someone who would post that on the internet with their face uncesensored... makes you really believe that this dipshit really doesn't know any better. Go back to England you old British Fag.

...What morals are we REALLY trying to push by letting this type of racial homophobic banter on PP after deleting a picture of a dead fish. If the guy was black and someone called him a NI**ER, would that fly around here too? Just curious. Removing the pics was a very political style move. Bravo. Lets try and keep things consistent eh.

Turbulence:
I appologize for offending you bro... this was in referance to a Saturday Night Live skit, thought maybe someone might have seen it a time or two. One of Steve Martin's funniest from way back in the day.

Edited by Barbless_ (03/01/09 12:43 PM)

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |