THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#809246 - 12/21/12 11:57 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: j 7]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'm sure the folks that matter would be really impressed with this conversation.

No, really.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#809301 - 12/22/12 10:21 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: j 7

Since you have done nothing but criticize. What do you have to offer for a soultion?

shthead doesn't have a solution. He doesn't like armed guards because the NRA brought it up, despite the fact there are armed guards at inner-city schools and one was assigned to Columbine H.S.

He doesn't like the National Guard because they're weekend warriors and they're supposed to be used only in emergencies.

What he likes is calling everybody that disagrees with the solution he doesn't have a RWWJ and telling them they're disconnected from reality.

Did I miss where you offered a solution? This thread is a game of Whack A RWWJ. Down you go. Next.

#809303 - 12/22/12 10:27 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: j 7]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

First you should take a poll. I bet it will show the majority of parents will refuse to send their kids to schools that have armed civilians.

Second I trust me with a gun much more than I trust you with a gun. You OK with only me having a gun to protect your kids? I promise there will be no accidents and I'll try to protect you too. I just don't want to have to worry about you having a gun when it hits the fan.

We've all been behind that guy yacking on his cell phone driving all over the road. If you were to ask him he'd swear he's the safest driver out there.

#809306 - 12/22/12 10:37 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Just because you train someone and give them a gun does not necessarily enable them to prevent a situation such as what happened. It goes back to the flight and fight scenario. Then once the decision is made, is the person proficient enough to disable the threat? Has the person been thru the proper stress inoculation of simulated return fire? Its one thing to shoot a paper target and another to shoot at something looking and aimed in on you.

Probably be a lot cheaper to just have a metal detector and control access in and out of schools than to risk more damage from some one trying to curve a bullet around two third graders.

#809314 - 12/22/12 11:01 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
HERE you may find your poll fails.

#809317 - 12/22/12 11:03 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Yeah, cuz a rural Texas burg of 1100 people is always indicative of what the country in general would support or not.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#809318 - 12/22/12 11:05 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Todd]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

And down goes another RWWJ. Next.

#809320 - 12/22/12 11:07 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

A simple search produces many results concerning safety of armed public vs gun-free zones.....here's one
Link below:

Newsmax: Dr. Lott, your work suggests people are more secure, rather than less so, when firearms are readily available in society.

Dr. Lott: Simply telling them to behave passively turns out to be pretty bad advice . . . By far the safest course of action for people to take, when they are confronting a criminal, is to have a gun. This is particularly true for the people in our society who are the most vulnerable.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Lott-guns-Connecticut-shooting/2012/12/15/id/467903#ixzz2FnUvxTZb

#809324 - 12/22/12 11:27 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thats all fine and dandy but how many people go out and actually train with their weapon? By train I mean engaging silhouettes, not random trees, cans, or squirrels.

Not sure if any of you have read the book "On Killing" but it has a section that goes over the advantage that shooting a silhouetter presents over the usual objects. In the early World War, shot accuracy was an issue. This inaccuracy was attributed to Soldiers shooting on bulleye targets similar to archers. When faced with a live human aiming a weapon at them, their reaction was to shoot high. Now if you look at ranges both civilian and military, most have a silhouette that resembles the upper portion of a person. This type of silhouette when combined with training and practice results in muscle memory that allows the shooter to engage center mass, as that is what they are accustomed to.

I guess an example can be in Gang wars. Not many people are dropped with two to the chest. Its a pray and spray mentality because many are not trained. They just have the weapons and attempt to destroy their enemy. I believe the same will occur if majority of the untrained civilian population takes up arms in an effort to be less complacent. Stray shots are never a good thing....

I agree something needs to be done, but our Children deserve a well planned out initiative not a knee jerk reaction to a travesty.

#809325 - 12/22/12 11:28 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"a Fox News opinion contributor"
"American Enterprise Institute"
"His most recent book, co-authored with Grover Norquist"
"Lott is best known for his role in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns, the ensuing controversy surrounding the data and methodology used in his research, and his use of a sockpuppet identity to support his position on various websites in 2002 and 2003."

Not surprising he's your go to guy.

#809330 - 12/22/12 11:31 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: RB3]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Not these guys. These guys will drop and roll while shooting ten bullseyes out of a 6 round clip.

#809331 - 12/22/12 11:34 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Unless the assailant just got off of work at Target, they won't usually have a bullseye to aim for smile

#809333 - 12/22/12 11:42 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

No. I conclude correctly that his presence did not prevent the perps from mass murder. Your argument seems to be "well it could have". It didn't. End of story. Grasp some other straw.

#809334 - 12/22/12 11:44 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: RB3]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: RB3
Unless the assailant just got off of work at Target, they won't usually have a bullseye to aim for smile

It's widely known that all bad guys have a different colored aura and dress all in black which makes them easy to pick out of a crowd.

#809335 - 12/22/12 11:46 AM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Originally Posted By: stlhead
"a Fox News opinion contributor"
"American Enterprise Institute"
"His most recent book, co-authored with Grover Norquist"
"Lott is best known for his role in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns, the ensuing controversy surrounding the data and methodology used in his research, and his use of a sockpuppet identity to support his position on various websites in 2002 and 2003."

Not surprising he's your go to guy.

All you have pointed out to me is that you are afraid of guns......and therein lies the problem. Your fears run your life. You're pathetic.

#809341 - 12/22/12 12:04 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

And there it is. If I disagree with you nut jobs then I'm anti gun. I haven't counted lately but I think I have about 18 guns. Rifle, shotgun and the rest are pistols. My favorite being my Sig P238 .380. And I have a CCP but rarely feel the need to carry. Don't tell her but my wife has four boxes of 100 grain .327 mag ammo under the tree. Gotta start reloading that caliber because it's F'ing expensive and hard to find at times. I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what other stupidity you can spew.

#809344 - 12/22/12 12:08 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

You're so anti-gun that you buy guns and ammo so others can't. I see where you are going.

#809347 - 12/22/12 12:10 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Idiot. We know there was mass murder in that school. It would be logical to reason when his presence was known, when one of the shooters was firing at him, it prevented that shooter from firing at someone else. Your argument seems to be any armed security at schools is a waste of time and resources but you still haven't given us your solution. So I ask you..what do you think should be done? Keep in mind 25% of the schools in your state have an armed security presence. Would you make that 100% or kick them all out?

My argument is nothing can be done to prevent whack jobs from getting weapons and going on killing sprees while we all want freedom (owning firearms and letting the mentally ill walk the streets). Even rational human beings have a temper or a breaking point. You bring up an example that actually refutes your own argument. Armed 15 year officer and STILL it happened. Arming everybody is just plain idiotic. And arming teachers? We don't even do a good job of preventing pedophiles from becoming teachers.

#809350 - 12/22/12 12:15 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I like how the pussies who are so scared that they can't go out to their mailbox without packing heat think reasonable people who aren't such pussies that they need to carry a 30 mag clip AR with them wherever they go are the pussies.

That takes the kind of mental gynmastics that I didn't think a dimwit like Slappy could perform without pulling a muscle.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#809353 - 12/22/12 12:19 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: RB3]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: RB3
You're so anti-gun that you buy guns and ammo so others can't. I see where you are going.

Yeah. Time to get off the net. Don't usually logon on Saturdays but not allowed to fish today. Maybe I'll go buy some more guns and ammo. With all of the wingnuts driving up the price it's better than buying stock.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1474 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |