THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#809354 - 12/22/12 12:19 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: RB3]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Where did I say you were anti-gun? Where?
I don't give a damn how many guns you own......all that takes is money. And you can kill targets all day long. So what? Who has a use for 18 guns? To me they are tools.....not "Hey, looky what I got!" pieces.
You are still afraid of guns and distrustful. Nice world you live in. Ever consider moving?
It's what's in your guts that matters. Running from trouble says all I need to hear.

I'll call you FeatherButt from here on.

#809357 - 12/22/12 12:24 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: j 7]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: j 7
Armed guards seems to work pretty well for the politicians pampered a$$es. Anyone been to D.C. since 911 and not seen armed guards hanging around there little meeting hall. I agree that putting a cop at every school will look and feel more like a police state but it is effective. I kinda agree with Gutz get rid of "gun free zones" and let the teachers shoot back. It will reduce police pressesnce and even the fight (at this point its a fight). I think training them and setting up an arms room/locker for them would come at a cost but there is no way that any reaction from these tragedies is free. I'd think training and arming would be cheaper than hiring new and arming.

The arm guards you refer to, majority of them are former Special Operations, Swat, or some other specialty. I highly doubt a person with those skill sets will work a School. Thats where I think majority of the issues will be. PLU has an armed police officer. At least when I was there, but all she did was hang out in her car or in campus safety. One of the biggest aids to having an armed presence is a show of force. Even if you aren't shooting people, show your face, make rounds, make the impression that you are out and about to act more as a deterence than anything else.

I always thought that Officers assigned to schools were banished for pissing off the wrong person. Could be wrong, but the fact of the matter is you need Vigilant well trained people that won't get complacent. Good luck finding that..

#809359 - 12/22/12 12:28 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
It doesn't refute the argument his presence prevented a higher death toll.
Now to get back to one of my questions, do you think an armed security presence at schools is a good or bad choice?

It's too expensive and, as you've shown, not effective. Besides, if we are going to be a police state then you might as well open up other freedoms you are willing to give up. Give us your solution. One that's proven to work.

#809363 - 12/22/12 12:33 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Where did I say you were anti-gun? Where?
I don't give a damn how many guns you own......all that takes is money. And you can kill targets all day long. So what? Who has a use for 18 guns? To me they are tools.....not "Hey, looky what I got!" pieces.
You are still afraid of guns and distrustful. Nice world you live in. Ever consider moving?
It's what's in your guts that matters. Running from trouble says all I need to hear.

I'll call you FeatherButt from here on.

Funny stuff. Some are collectors but shoot fine. What I don't want is you armed. I don't consider you a rational person. But since it's legal then others need to be armed to protect themselves from you. You see the circle?

#809365 - 12/22/12 12:35 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The NRA only wants a police state when it means that the gun and ammo industry can be the one to make billions selling guns to millions of non-governmental folks.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#809370 - 12/22/12 12:49 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Easy, FeatherButt ...... your fear is showing.

You don't even recognize where your real fears should be directed. That must be awful.

#809372 - 12/22/12 12:58 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Originally Posted By: stlhead

What I don't want is you armed. I don't consider you a rational person. But since it's legal then others need to be armed to protect themselves from you. You see the circle?

So now you finaly agree with a RWWJ. I dont want you, an armed killer in my class. And I have the right to protect myself from you. But you dont want me too protect myself from you. Thats not making sense. Its clear that prior gun legislation and gun free zones put in place by LWDB's are not effective. I agree with slab that bird brain is distrustful and thats the key. But if the voters in WA showed anything to birdbrain is that we are not scared of him having a joint at his gay wedding. I'm not scared of potheads and gays so dont be scared of responsible straight shooting easily trainable citizens.

j7 2012

#809374 - 12/22/12 01:12 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

What I don't want is you armed. I don't consider you a rational person. But since it's legal then others need to be armed to protect themselves from you. You see the circle?

Also did you realize that you basicaly restated the foundation for the second amendment. Armed protection from those who have the power to take your life and liberty. hmmmmmmmm

j7 2012

#809376 - 12/22/12 01:23 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: j 7]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: j 7

So now you finaly agree with a RWWJ. I dont want you, an armed killer in my class. And I have the right to protect myself from you. But you dont want me too protect myself from you. Thats not making sense. Its clear that prior gun legislation and gun free zones put in place by LWDB's are not effective. I agree with slab that bird brain is distrustful and thats the key. But if the voters in WA showed anything to birdbrain is that we are not scared of him having a joint at his gay wedding. I'm not scared of potheads and gays so dont be scared of responsible straight shooting easily trainable citizens.

Mass murder happened before "gun free zones". That's why they were put in place. Do you see the circle now?

#809382 - 12/22/12 01:40 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Obviously. So your answer is back to the past. Full circle.

#809384 - 12/22/12 01:42 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

The FeatherButt crowd's solution is to expand the "free-to-gun-us-down" zone.

More fun for all that way. rolleyes

Edited by Slab Happy (12/22/12 01:42 PM)

#809386 - 12/22/12 01:45 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ParaLeaks]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Nope. Just don't want idiots like you guys carrying guns around children. And I bet I'm in the majority.

#809387 - 12/22/12 01:47 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

If a person is going to commit mass murder, I highly doubt a sign will stop them or change their mind. Full circle (just wanted tos ay it, was feeling left out)

#809388 - 12/22/12 01:50 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Mass murder happened before "gun free zones". That's why they were put in place. Do you see the circle now?

So what? Mass murder happened before there were guns. Circles are indeed round!

j7 2012

#809393 - 12/22/12 02:05 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

I'll bet you see a lot more "bad guys" in the world than I do......something wrong about that, don't you think?

#809397 - 12/22/12 02:11 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: RB3]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: RB3
If a person is going to commit mass murder, I highly doubt a sign will stop them or change their mind. Full circle (just wanted tos ay it, was feeling left out)

Yeah especially a guns allowed sign.

Small IQ's: "why hell we tried dat der no gun zone thing and there's still dem dar whackos runnen round so let's go back to trying what didn't work before dem dar anti freedom zones. Hell if we'd just arm evy body even 6 year olds dar wodn't be any sitiations no mor. Ya'll don like dat den how bout just me armed? I'm an xpert in dese sitiations. Trust me round ya kids y'all."

#809400 - 12/22/12 02:26 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Small IQ's: There's just been a mass murder at a school so if we ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines those will stop. Especially now that we already have those "gun free" zones.

Normal IQ: Nothing is going to prevent whackos in the society we have created for ourselves.

#809405 - 12/22/12 02:45 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Dumbasses: When people are killing each other with guns, the answer to fix it is to make sure we have more guns.

Fish on...

Todd

#809414 - 12/22/12 03:12 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Wrong, as usual.

Less guns would mean guns would have to be grabbed, which, of course...none have, and none will be.

Fish on...

Todd

#809417 - 12/22/12 03:19 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Todd]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

What's really ironic is these same numb nuts are all for employers to be able to do anything they want because it's "their business" unless they say "no guns".

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer), 1505 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |