Originally Posted By: Larry B
Originally Posted By: RUNnGUN
Correct me me if I'm wrong cause I speed read most comments but, I have read no comment about the current budget funding and future funding for increased Chinook production to save the Ocas. Sounds like this legislation would have zero affect on production as long as the Governor is on board and the Orcas are in trouble. Sounds like the outfall of the "remove the nets and decreased production will follow" argument is moot. Starting now in the budget, millions more Chinook are being produced and will be be for the foreseeable future regardless of any laws banning nets and ESA restrictions.

Your analysis fails to include the Feds who hold the ultimate authority vis a vis those pesky ESA restrictions. But for them this would be an easy path to more production.

You mean the Feds could stop the mega production of Chinook in PS to save the Orcas? I think our almighty Gov. and tribes might not take kindly to that. Would be an interesting fight.