The last call was the most telling, not to mention what James said on a few other calls. “We assume”. We can’t be managing from we assume? Can we? Or when you bring up another study that is more recent, better funded and has involvement from multiple agencies and universities…it’s all but written off and they just assume they have the the end all be all of studies and research because they are THE STATE.

Yeah…lots could be done about fishing in hatchery/terminal areas. The writing is pretty clearly on the wall I think….no steelhead season anywhere on the chehalis basin. Little easier to stomach when gas was $3.50/gallon…not $5.50…

I hope the frustration came through for most of the callers. I know it did on mine. I held back most of what I really thought about their crappy management…but I got the point across that their leadership is horrible and that the majority of anglers do not trust them.

One caller was pro WDFW. The crony from conservation angler. He really stroked their…ego…yeah that’s it.

When asked about peer reviewed studies about fishing from a boat, James said “we assume” again. They don’t know. Until they are sure…the decision shouldn’t be made to just cripple a lot of anglers like that. I don’t even own a boat and rarely fish out of one in the winter; but it baffles me that it’s even on the table.

I’m going to keep calling in and I’m not going to let them just thinking that sportsman don’t care. This is the first call I’ve been on that the majority of the callers were angry, to at least very upset with the decision making. I bet next time the WFC and their gang circle the wagons and call in to suc…err…stand with WDFW and their horrible decisions to take anglers off the water with no actual examples of success anywhere.