Good start to discussing these factors. What we want is to come to a consensus and better understanding of how we want this thing to go. ...

EDIT: btw, I don't want to be a role model. Moderators are often held to an unfair higher standard. I'd rather be myself; but in that process keep trying to improve my demeanor on here. Hope others do to. ...

A good example of this in action is Silver Hilton's post here. I think it is a good balance in another direction to what my guideline suggestions attempt to improve upon. BTW, that's an important distinction for my original post here - it is essentially guideline "suggestions" as a goal for improvement! Not at all a call for hardline rules that are overly enforced. This is for a consensus of member opinion discusion on what gidelines to strive for, so as to improve the declining demeanor on the BB. I don't agree with you S'Hilton (can I call you Silton for abbreviation wink ) that it's destined to fail. Because the goal is not for "sterile" perfection at all (we've seen what attempts to do that to a fishing BB can negatively do), it's just a clean up endeavor to make this a more fun and productive site!

As for mixing it up in debates, I like to do that too. It makes for a more lively and interesting board. But we need to learn where that line is of going too far with it. As I said, I am in need of improving with this thing. Many of us are. That's what this thead is about. But some guys badly need to clean up there act. We know who they are, and they know they are it!

Keep the feedback and suggestions coming. Thanks.

RT

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: RT ]