Now that was a great post and communication of your concept for a good BB aura S'ilton. Seriously. It helped convinced me of my suspicions that I am too thin skinned and reactive at times; as are some others. You are right that I didn't recognize that your exagerated comments about my STS defensiveness were to make it humorous. And you did have the smilie after it. :-) It would help to know someone better when reading such stuff of course. When we don't know someone and they don't know you, perhaps it's still best to let them know you are kidding by a "jk" or 'wink smilie' after it. Likely would help avoid inadvertantly offending people on ocassion. But you are right, many of us may need to be a little less sensitive and reactive, in addition to others needing to be more civil in heated threads. I think those 2 factors are at the core of the solution, and the balance we are looking for via this discussion! ...

Besides, as with many others, that way I can keep cutting loose on here without as much concern about it offending people. laugh BTW, anyone who thinks my quips on here are a bit edgy sometimes, you should see the way I am out in the boat! But out there people can see your real facial expression and voice tone to really understand a conveyance better, by far. ...

Also, I don't make the law around here as a moderator - temporary or otherwise. Bob makes the rules.

So, it is a thin line we tread, as S'ilton has conveyed well. And maybe the "pile on" thing, done in a reasonable manner, will be the indicator when someone is out of line. Of course that is arleady happening; just make it a little more civil when jumping on guy's posts is what I suggest will improve things.

Keep more feedback coming.

- S'ilton, my new e-mail addy is reeltruth1@yahoo.com

RT

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: RT ]