Four thoughts on this one:

1) Great to see a recovery of an area after some lean years. C&R certainly played some sort of a role I'm sure ... but it's also imprtnat to note that (as far as I know) there is no influence of tribal nets on these streams, so that what harvest will likely occur will still be very small in relation to total run size. It's a very differnet situation from those few Washington streams that are in okay shape and facing both a large traibal harvest as well the sport harvest.

2) I believe that these streams are more homogenous when it somes to the size of the fish ... so you probably won't see as much of the "trophy-hunting" we do on the OP streams; a big concern even if numbers say the run is "healthy".

3) The article mentions that " ... these streams are teeming with infant steelhead at concentrations never recorded in the United States, Canada and Russia." Yet, there has been "crash" because of this "overopulation". It would be interedting to see exact comparsons with "healthy" streams in this region and I'd also like to understand why these OR rivers can support it while the biologists (especially Gibbons) say they can't.

4) Will be interesting to see if the influx of Orgon-based catch-and-kill guides that have descended upon the Forks-area rivers over the past 6-7 years will decrease now that they have the ability to kill fish in their local area.

A few thoughts that crossed my mind right off the bat ... I'm sure some more will down the road smile

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"